Plastic Feed bags

Do you like paper or plastic feed bags better?

• Paper

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Plastic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've made several reuseable tote bags from the plastic bags and I also use them for garbage bags. The paper ones we're go to start a fire. Anybody know why they are going to plastic? Just wondering.

I would like my burlap feed sacks back thank you very much....
hmm.png

I reuse the plastic bags for many things. Right now I place them in the paths between my raised garden beds, then cover them with mulch to keep the weeds down. They work great, and my feed store will refill them too.

Quote:
Trust me, they DO biodegrade. I use them to block sun and rain, and they last for a few months before they disintegrate. It is mostly the sun htat does them in.

They do biodegrade in the sun, more like UV-degrade, but they don't degrade in the compost or on the ground under chicken poo.

I find them harder to open. The pull strips seem to fray and tear off in long stringy strips rather than opening the bag. Never had as much trouble with the paper bags and paper strips. I just don't like them much.
The only benefit seems that they are somewhat tougher when you are throwing them around, but that's not enough to make me like them.

We get our feed in the paper bags. They are used for everything from my shop garbage bags to putting down in between the rows in the garden. We buy directly from a mill.

I'd prefer the plastic bags for feed, I dont know how many times I've ripped the bags open from the van to can, only to get caught on a hook latch. What a mess! Makes great garbage bags too. I've used the bags for my laundry garbage, anything I find in pockets, like papers, stuff that got wet and dryer lints.

I will probably use the plastic bags for the garden next year to keep out those darn mulberry shoots from sprouting in my garden. And keep the weeds down as well. I know I am going to have to punch some holes so water/moisture can exchange.

Yes the paper sacks are good for garden too!

Back
Top Bottom