PLEASE HELP! assisting in hatching call duck eggs.

I think he absorbed everything but 1 vein going right through the middle, I couldn't find the yolk so I assume he absorbed it too
OK, so this next time, 18-24 hours after internal pip, candle, and make your safety hole. Wait another 24 hours. If no progress is made, very slowly begin removing the shell over the air cell.

What do your birds look like? Are they considered high quality? The fancier the bird, the harder it is for them to hatch.

OK, so this next time, 18-24 hours after internal pip, candle, and make your safety hole. Wait another 24 hours. If no progress is made, very slowly begin removing the shell over the air cell.

What do your birds look like? Are they considered high quality? The fancier the bird, the harder it is for them to hatch.

I don't know how high quality a duck can get
Screenshot_20200603_190502.jpg

But they look beautiful to me

What I meant was, what if it was supposed to hatch three days ago, but couldn't therefore using up its 3 days of "not eating and stuff" before it hatches.

I'm constantly freaking out too - but being three years younger than your daughter and the only person to know anything about ducks and hatching in my family, there's not really anyone to give me advice, that's why I'm constantly on this app.

Anyway, it's too late now, but I'll remember it for attempt 3 :/
We don't have ducks--but I'm happy to be around/of support to you when you hatch next!!! I was desperately looking for some type of "live" support group/person during each of our 4 clutches!!! I only could find posts on here from 2006 lol one member apparently died after I sent her a question, more recently--so sad! I thought that I saw other members create special upcoming "hatch" groups/posts so that members could join or get notified asap thru their incubation. Anyway, seriously--I'll PM you my phone number and email address -- you save my contact info and let me know any time you need help or support--my daughter and I will be here for you!!! I'm so proud of you for choosing to learn all this--and on your own! You can do it!!! You'll definitely learn more on your own--but I totally empathize with wanting guidance and support!!!

Very pretty. They look like they should be able to hatch, though.
Tell me about your incubator settings.

Have you read the article? It goes into fantastic detail about how to assist calls.
I got a brinsea mini 2 advanced, so I can control tempurature but not humidity(I can add more/less water but not veiw it or change it with a button), I can control whether turning is on/off/auto, turning intival, and turn time(how long it turns for), I can turn on cooling on the 7th day(off on 24th), there's also alarms that go off when the temp starts to get to high or low, and a countdown on the display
I did read the article, multiple times, I didn't notice a bit that focused on hatching calls tho, I'm going to go through it again

I got a brinsea mini 2 advanced, so I can control tempurature but not humidity(I can add more/less water but not veiw it or change it with a button), I can control whether turning is on/off/auto, turning intival, and turn time(how long it turns for), I can turn on cooling on the 7th day(off on 24th), there's also alarms that go off when the temp starts to get to high or low, and a countdown on the display
I did read the article, multiple times, I didn't notice a bit that focused on hatching calls tho, I'm going to go through it again
Ah, I believe I posted the wrong link initially. I did attach the correct one after that. It should be there.

Do you have a humidity gauge in your incubator?

Last edited:
We don't have ducks--but I'm happy to be around/of support to you when you hatch next!!! I was desperately looking for some type of "live" support group/person during each of our 4 clutches!!! I only could find posts on here from 2006 lol one member apparently died after I sent her a question, more recently--so sad! I thought that I saw other members create special upcoming "hatch" groups/posts so that members could join or get notified asap thru their incubation. Anyway, seriously--I'll PM you my phone number and email address -- you save my contact info and let me know any time you need help or support--my daughter and I will be here for you!!! I'm so proud of you for choosing to learn all this--and on your own! You can do it!!! You'll definitely learn more on your own--but I totally empathize with wanting guidance and support!!!
Thank you so much :), and It would be really helpful to have your contact info, thanks!
That poor member D:

Back
Top Bottom