PLEASE HELP.!!!! Baby chick in need of help!

My11BabyChicks

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Ringwood
I have had 8 chicks hatch over the weekend. All are fine and visibly healthy. The hen who is sitting on the eggs and chicks has been seperated from the rest of the flock. She is neglecting on of the chicks and has become "violent" with it. Do I take it away? Do I let nature take its course? I don't want to see it be killed or harmed... Im just not sure what plan of action I should be taking, if any... Please help...

I would take that chick from her along with a buddy! Maybe his color is setting her off since all the others are different.

I would take it away too. every time I do that it turns out to be the biggest meanest rooster, but being an optimist and unable to resist baby chicks I would still do it. If you take it away you have to realize you may be babying it for quite a while.

Thank you we are taking the black chick and the second darkest one from her right now. Being that it is Easter and dont have another heat lamp we are going to give them a stuffed animal, extra pine shavings and a warm room in the house. I hope this goes well...

Back
Top Bottom