hqdefault.jpg
Hi Andrea, Doesn't this guy look like yours! :D Any new pics?

Congratulations on your new little friend :) We found our first pigeon on the freeway under an overpass and assume he too fell out of the nest. However, he was much younger than yours and was mostly yellow, wirey, fuzz. When he was fully feathered and flying, we decided it was time to release him back to the wild.....yeah, right....he flew over the house and came right back to my daughter's shoulder. I eventually got him a ladyfriend and they recently hatched their first 2 babies :) They live in our chicken pen in their own "coop". I open the pen door every day to let everyone out to free range, but they both come back every evening like clockwork. They fly like there is no tomorrow and do aerial stunts for us.....they seem truly happy :)

Congratulations on your new little friend :) We found our first pigeon on the freeway under an overpass and assume he too fell out of the nest. However, he was much younger than yours and was mostly yellow, wirey, fuzz. When he was fully feathered and flying, we decided it was time to release him back to the wild.....yeah, right....he flew over the house and came right back to my daughter's shoulder. I eventually got him a ladyfriend and they recently hatched their first 2 babies :) They live in our chicken pen in their own "coop". I open the pen door every day to let everyone out to free range, but they both come back every evening like clockwork. They fly like there is no tomorrow and do aerial stunts for us.....they seem truly happy :)
Oh, what a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing that with me. :) I haven't been able to find many people's experiences with pigeons online so it's really nice to hear yours. How great that you now have a little family that comes back every evening!

Back
Top Bottom