please help in any way

itskiaraaa_

In the Brooder
Nov 11, 2019
Hi so my chicken is very ill ( we suspect Mareck's disease since she will not get up and her eyesight is at loss with clear fluid non stop coming out of her beak and she is holding her head low) she keeps making these gagging noises to try get more clear fluid dripping. She always has her eyes closed. Just yesterday she had them closed but would open them from time to time but now she isn't and her head is always sinking and she tries to lift her head every 2 seconds.

All she does is gag now

I don't know what to do please help.

We've tried to force feed her seed and water but it's like she can't function and the water just goes out of her beak and she does not eat.

She hasn't eaten in a while.

We really don't want to cull her.

Thanks for reading, I know there probably is a slim chance of her surviving but advice is very much appreciated .

Hi so my chicken is very ill ( we suspect Mareck's disease since she will not get up and her eyesight is at loss with clear fluid non stop coming out of her beak and she is holding her head low) she keeps making these gagging noises to try get more clear fluid dripping. She always has her eyes closed. Just yesterday she had them closed but would open them from time to time but now she isn't and her head is always sinking and she tries to lift her head every 2 seconds.

All she does is gag now

I don't know what to do please help.

We've tried to force feed her seed and water but it's like she can't function and the water just goes out of her beak and she does not eat.

She hasn't eaten in a while.

We really don't want to cull her.

Thanks for reading, I know there probably is a slim chance of her surviving but advice is very much appreciated .
About a month ago, I had the same thing happen too a couple of my chickens. One or two of them died, and the rest survived, and I haven't had any problems with colds and diseases since. How old is the bird?

aw no :( sorry to hear that but at least some survived .

She is 9 I believe , so I understand quite old and her time is ready but I want to know if there is any way of curing her or even reducing her pain if that makes sense.

aw no :( sorry to hear that but at least some survived .

She is 9 I believe , so I understand quite old and her time is ready but I want to know if there is any way of curing her or even reducing her pain if that makes sense.
My chicken was turning 3 in a couple months, but I honestly don't know how to reduce pain. Does it look like she is uncomfortable? If you can, take her inside, and just keep her on your lap, and try to see if you can get her to drink Apple Cider Vinegar if you have any.

Do you know when she got sick? Are any other chickens sick? What are there living conditions like? How ventilated is there coop? (If you can post pics of the coop, that would help a lot)

We really identified her being ill last week but her condition has worsened.

She is the only chicken living with us at the moment and the coop is well ventilated (it has openings on the front, sides and bottom. I would show you but it's night time at the moment here.

Right now however we have brought her inside the house to try care for her and she is placed in a open cardboard box that is well ventilated.

Yes we have apple cider vinegar and do I just force feed her eggs while she is gagging with the clear fluid dripping?

Back
Top Bottom