Please help. My ducks leg is very swollen

Ugh. If you wanted the best for him, you shouldn't have got pets you can't afford to care for. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but these guys don't know you're 15, they don't know you can't pay for a vet or that your parents won't help you. They only know that they need HELP and they are relying on YOU.

Did you give him the antibiotic???
Going to right now.

Quote: Then I would suggest finding a vet that you can surrender him to, because he cannot live life as he is now, and I think you know that, yes? Perhaps you should invite your parents to read this thread, and maybe they will figure out a way to help you pay for a visit to the vet? You said you work, so surely you get a paycheck from that?

-Kathy

Then I would suggest finding a vet that you can surrender him to, because he cannot live life as he is now, and I think you know that, yes? Perhaps you should invite your parents to read this thread, and maybe they will figure out a way to help you pay for a visit to the vet? You said you work, so surely you get a paycheck from that?

-Kathy

I can take him to the florida wildlife care center. Thats the only one . know.

Let me tell you a story... was at the feed store one day and saw a duck limping, so I caught her a saw that she had a piece of twine wrapped around her leg. the foot was dead, and required amputation, but I was in no position to deal with that, so I took her to the local avian vet and asked them if they wanted her, they probably didn't, but they did take her and said they would treat her. This is what I think you need to do with your duck because this lameness has been going on for so long now that he needs proper medical treatment. Since you cannot afford a $100 visit, I'm assuming you can't afford proper drugs either, yes? Not trying to make you feel bad, but you really need to do what's best for your duck.

-Kathy

Let me tell you a story... was at the feed store one day and saw a duck limping, so I caught her a saw that she had a piece of twine wrapped around her leg. the foot was dead, and required amputation, but I was in no position to deal with that, so I took her to the local avian vet and asked them if they wanted her, they probably didn't, but they did take her and said they would treat her. This is what I think you need to do with your duck because this lameness has been going on for so long now that he needs proper medical treatment. Since you cannot afford a $100 visit, I'm assuming you can't afford proper drugs either, yes? Not trying to make you feel bad, but you really need to do what's best for your duck.

-Kathy
I know.
Will they accept domestic ducks?

-Kathy

I dont know, i might need to tell a lie. I know that seems a bit unethical but its for the greater good

Back
Top Bottom