Please help sexing my Wyandottes

TrishSPA

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 4, 2014
Australia (BNE)
Hi,

I have 2 Wyandottes both vent sexed as chicks and supposedly girls however now with 12-13 weeks I have my suspicions that this might not quite be the case
hmm.png
. Please have a look at the pics (11-13 weeks) and let me know what you think.
The gold laced was the biggest chick of all from the beginning however s/he came from a different lot so might be a bit older than the rest, the grey one is definitely the boss of our flock though (and the least gentle when it comes to feeding treats). There is no crowing yet but if one needs to go I would like to organise something before that happens for the sake of our neighbours.

Thank you for your opinion

Cheers Trish

Hi,
I think your white one is a Roo. Your other is a hen. I have a blue laced hen, and gave my roo to a friend. I notived if the comb is flat it's a rooster, if it's stright up its a hen. Here's a pic of my hen for comparative (she is the one on the left) . My girl is 20 weeks :)

Thank you so much for all your replies. I kind of knew just wanted some confirmation before I act. Unfortunately we are not allowed roosters here so he will have to go back to the breeder :( .

Cheers Trish

Back
Top Bottom