PLEASE HELP WHATS WRONG WITH MY ROOSTER?! is he suffering??

IMG_3039.JPG
One of his eyes is normal and bright orange but the other is just black.

what are the black spots all around his comb? how long have the been there ? can I ask where do you live Please?

God love the poor guy. What is his diet? When I see this posture I'm thinking wry neck caused by poor nutrition. It does appear he's been in a good scrap with another rooster and lost. If he's still feeling feisty give him a warm bath, rinse well and blow dry him. Though if he is weak don't bathe him but give him a good exam to check for more serious wounds.

Also you have to consider viral and bacterial infections that can cause this, Mareks disease is one to think of. Most people cull if they suspect Mareks while others nurse the patient until he/she improves or dies.

There many things that can cause what you see in this rooster. Veterinary care is always an option but some people can't afford a visit to a vet. In that case, top notch nursing care is the thing to do.

Isolate the rooster, put him on a good diet, and see how he does.

Sorry that your boy is not feeling well!

Check to see if he has any puncture wounds on his body. If not then it is likely illness or even poison. Poisoned rats and mice can make them sick if they eat them or the bait.

He should be isolated in either a dog kennel or separate pen.

Back
Top Bottom