I've already responded to two of your other threads, but never received an answer.

Could you take a video of them wheezing, and upload it to a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here?

We see this problem a LOT with Pekins, and almost every single time its heat-related, I would suggest taking them outside for a bit, and see if the panting stops, I'm sure it likely will. Then you know if you need to move the heat lamp further away from them, or consider other problems.

First I would say that they don't need food and water during the night. They need to sleep and so do you. They also won't drown in a shallow water bowl so long as they can get out so don't worry about that. Bumblefoot is a result of walking on hard surfaces not on wood shavings. If they were cuts instead then glad they are healing fine.

There are so many issues raised in your post that it is hard to pick them all out.

Ducks are quite tough and survive pretty harsh conditions in the wild so bear that in mind when you are stressing about all the little things.

Ideally you need to create as natural an environment for them as possible. Puppy pads, towels etc are not ideal though ok short term. Wood shavings are fine (you can buy dust extracted bedding) and even short grass clippings which they will eat as well as being nice soft bedding when it dries out. Just make sure they go outside too, and for longer periods as they grow up a bit.

I've already responded to two of your other threads, but never received an answer.

Could you take a video of them wheezing, and upload it to a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here?

We see this problem a LOT with Pekins, and almost every single time its heat-related, I would suggest taking them outside for a bit, and see if the panting stops, I'm sure it likely will. Then you know if you need to move the heat lamp further away from them, or consider other problems.

I’m sorry about that, i never received a notification! a lot of the times i’m in areas with out good connection.

I could take a video of how fast they are breathing but i’ve tried taking videos of how it sounds for an online vet but you are never able to hear it through the phone. i can do that and upload it to Vimeo later!

I’m on this facebook group for ducks and they all told me the same thing, Sunny does get hot very fast and starts panting but it seems as if Milo never gets hot. i took them outside when they were about a week and had so much fun. you can mostly here the breathing when they are asleep though.

First I would say that they don't need food and water during the night. They need to sleep and so do you. They also won't drown in a shallow water bowl so long as they can get out so don't worry about that. Bumblefoot is a result of walking on hard surfaces not on wood shavings. If they were cuts instead then glad they are healing fine.

There are so many issues raised in your post that it is hard to pick them all out.

Ducks are quite tough and survive pretty harsh conditions in the wild so bear that in mind when you are stressing about all the little things.

Ideally you need to create as natural an environment for them as possible. Puppy pads, towels etc are not ideal though ok short term. Wood shavings are fine (you can buy dust extracted bedding) and even short grass clippings which they will eat as well as being nice soft bedding when it dries out. Just make sure they go outside too, and for longer periods as they grow up a bit.

I was actually wondering about that earlier! thank you! i’ve gotten some rest tonight so i think after making this post i’m feeling a lot more settled. they were able to walk on both of their feet and it wasn’t ever a limp or anything so i think it was just cuts. i know!!!! i was gonna single them all out but i feel like that would be annoying of me to do so i just put everything in one. i wanted to create a natural environment when our set up for them finally comes (which i ordered) and maybe they’ll be more happier with a bigger area! we got them leashes and there’s this very nice nature park up the street from me that i’m planning on making it my go to spot for them since it would be more in their environment. I do think a lot of it has to do with the Niacin so i’m going to get on that today.
thank you so much!

Leashes in the park? Dear Lord! Sorry if I missed it but do you not have a garden or backyard they can live in or at least play in?

Dogs will jump on them and chase them in the park. It will be stressful and dangerous for them, leash or not. I'd imagine you'd end up carrying them all the time and what's the point in it then for them?

Leashes in the park? Dear Lord! Sorry if I missed it but do you not have a garden or backyard they can live in or at least play in?

Dogs will jump on them and chase them in the park. It will be stressful and dangerous for them, leash or not. I'd imagine you'd end up carrying them all the time and what's the point in it then for them?
i’m gonna buy some ducks without offering them a backyard? yeah okay. i have a backyard. i was saying that i wanted to bring them to a nature park once a day so they can see other things instead of the same fenced yard everyday.

a lot of nature preserves have banned Dogs from the park due to wildlife disturbance. i’m fully aware of the dangers of that because like i said i've been doing enough research as i possibly can. thank you for worrying though.

Glad to hear you've got a backyard for them, great stuff.

I'm not sure your concerns about them needing new scenery are warranted. I'm sure they will be perfectly happy mooching about outside in your yard, digging mud holes and running about in the space you have. They don't need trips out or need the same mental stimulation as say a puppy has. Plenty of simple things will keep them happy, and mainly the company of each other, some fresh grass to nibble and space to hang out being ducky.

I'm sure you will do your best to keep them safe. I certainly got how much you care for them from your OP.

Back
Top Bottom