Please say a prayer for hubby, Steve

Another GREAT Update:
This afternoon was the primary care doctor's appointment. Blood pressure is in normal range with the blood pressure meds. Goes back in 6 months to see how it is doing (only have to take his blood pressure 2-3 times a week). Said to continue with Dermatologist for the skin, which he will do. Got note saying he can return to work Monday! :woot:woot
We stopped at his work and gave them the back to work notes. Then came the surprise. Steve was handed a check, thought he had used all the vacation and sick leave time up, but he didn't. He was shocked too, he thought he had used it up too.
Things are looking up. :wee:ya

Another GREAT Update:
This afternoon was the primary care doctor's appointment. Blood pressure is in normal range with the blood pressure meds. Goes back in 6 months to see how it is doing (only have to take his blood pressure 2-3 times a week). Said to continue with Dermatologist for the skin, which he will do. Got note saying he can return to work Monday! :woot:woot
We stopped at his work and gave them the back to work notes. Then came the surprise. Steve was handed a check, thought he had used all the vacation and sick leave time up, but he didn't. He was shocked too, he thought he had used it up too.
Things are looking up. :wee:ya

Better doctor check ups and an unexpected check...now that's what I call a Merry Christmas!
smiley christmas 4.gif

Better doctor check ups and an unexpected check...now that's what I call a Merry Christmas!
View attachment 1621857
Sure is a Merry Christmas. Steve went and got a turkey Here is the funny part...he read the tag wrong. He thought he was getting a $20.00 turkey, it was a 20 pound turkey.:gigIt won't fit in the oven, going to have to bring out the roaster oven. :lau Will definitely have lots of turkey left over.20 pound turkey, 2 people :th. Good thing it freezes well. Girls might even get a little turkey treat. Parrot loves getting a thigh bone.
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas - sounds as if things are looking up.
Thank You, hope you had a Merry Christmas.
Things are really looking up. He returned to work yesterday. They closed the shop at 2:00. He said his muscles were really feeling it (truck & auto technician). 24 days off yep going to feel it.
He said the meds are helping, so hopefully he won't have to have the 2 biopsies January 10th.

Sorry for the long post, I'm so mad and need to vent.I cry when I get this mad.
UPDATE ON STEVE:
Steve is doing so much better. Blood pressure is down in the acceptable range, thanks to the meds. A lot of the skin issues has cleared up. Still has some. Dermatologist did 2 biopsies on the 10th. Waiting for the results. So medically things are looking good.
He went back to work Christmas Eve. They are riding his hiney. He said they are doing to him what they did to a service writer and force him out. He is looking for a new job. He has been there for 18 years and 4 months. In all those years he has only had 2 times with major illness. What a way to treat a dedicated employee. First time was 6 years ago when he ended up in the hospital. He went to work even though he was sick. Pneumonia so bad abscessed a spot in his lung, had infection between the lung and lining. They had to do surgery to remove the blockage and put in drain tubes. And this skin issue. He doesn't miss work unless he is really sick. But yet another worker missed 3 months straight when his wife was ill and passed away and they bent over backwards for him. Even gave him extra hours. I'm so ticked off, I want to go CUJO on them, but know better.
We will be okay. I had been squirreling money away for some time. Was able to stay out of it when he was off. Steve knows I have money squirreled away, but doesn't know how much. Every time he asks how much I have squirreled away, my response is not enough. :gig

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear about your DH's work problems. I don't blame you for being mad, that's no way to treat an employee.

I am glad to hear the physical issues are getting better.

Wishing him (and you) the best of luck in finding a new position. :hugs

@Twoleggedmotherhen

How frustrating for your husband & yourself with the job situation. I can see why you are so mad! It happened to our brother in law, 29 years unblemished at the same place until they forced him out.

Good to hear the health issues are going ok and good luck in him finding new employment.

Back
Top Bottom