PLEASE SIGN! Petition London, Ontario Chicken & Waterfowl Laws

paigeber

Chirping
Dec 29, 2020
London, Ontario
Hello!
I live in London, Ontario, & im hoping if you all have a couple seconds to sign this petition.

http://chng.it/55SxSPsV

I am very actively trying to talk with city council to make them amend these laws as the last time this was brought up in 2017, talks of a pilot project never got off the ground :( im new to the area & was unaware of the bylaw & I'm scared the city might try to take my babies away!!

Anyone in the area as well have any experience with animal control saying anything? I just have 2 ducks.
TIA :)

Hello!
I live in London, Ontario, & im hoping if you all have a couple seconds to sign this petition.

I am very actively trying to talk with city council to make them amend these laws as the last time this was brought up in 2017, talks of a pilot project never got off the ground :( im new to the area & was unaware of the bylaw & I'm scared the city might try to take my babies away!!

Anyone in the area as well have any experience with animal control saying anything? I just have 2 ducks.
If the laws changed whilst you had chickens, and you can prove you had chickens before the laws changed, you should be protected under grandfathering. In addition, if no one is actively annoyed at your keeping of poultry then that should only strengthen your case. If you have social media and you haven't already that is a good way to raise awareness! Perhaps ask to speak at a local council meeting, or a city council meeting...hope it goes well for you and your feathered friends!

I signed it for what that's worth. I don't live in your area!
How long have you had your ducks? How far away is your nearest neighbor? I have a flock of chickens and they are much quieter than my neighbors ducks were. They are at least 1000 feet away.
My neighbours are very close, however my ducks are quite quiet (I only have 2) & I've not had a problem so far so hoping for the best!

If the laws changed whilst you had chickens, and you can prove you had chickens before the laws changed, you should be protected under grandfathering. In addition, if no one is actively annoyed at your keeping of poultry then that should only strengthen your case. If you have social media and you haven't already that is a good way to raise awareness! Perhaps ask to speak at a local council meeting, or a city council meeting...hope it goes well for you and your feathered friends!
Thank you!! & Ive had my ducks for a while, but I just recently moved to London where I was unaware of the law. The neighbours don't seem to mind yet so hoping for the best!! working on getting meetings set up as well :)

Hello!

I live in Nigeria 🇳🇬 but I signed anyway
Hope you get what you want

Back
Top Bottom