Pocket Cows.... sort of ;) Updated PICS post #20

Mojo Chick'n

Empress of Chickenville
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Republic of Chickenville
We got twin calves the other night and they are the tiniest sweetest things - I'm already in love with these two.
They are a boy and a girl, so not sure if the heifer is going to be a freemartin or not (I hope not, I'd love to keep her). Chances are like 92 % that she is, though - I guess we'll see.

They are the size of my lab mix dog
lau.gif
and they are so adorable. I'll get some pics of them standing up tomorrow. We got another calf tonight, and he is twice their size (he's a large baby, though).

Ike and Tina (cause Tina has a black eye
gig.gif
- I'm bad, I know, you can chastize me later).
P0004012.jpg

Tina
P0004009.jpg

Ike
P0004010.jpg

meri

Last edited:
If I thought I could house train them they'd be sleeping at the foot of my bed tonight
lau.gif
I just want to snuggle these two all day long - hard to get work done when they loved to be loved on and scratched and petted so much.

btw - they are less than two foot tall. well, MAYBE two foot tall - but no taller than that.

meri

Last edited:
These are our 14th and 15th of the bottle babies. We did a round of a dozen of them (plus a heifer we got as a weanling) and now I'm starting again
lau.gif
gonna be a busy season for me. I have company coming from out of state for Thanksgiving, was hoping to hold off on bottle babies til after then, but I guess I have other plans, now. We have another calf coming tomorrow evening, too. Went from none on bottles (had a break for a couple of weeks) to having four on at once by tomorrow.

Most I've had on bottle at one time was 9 - we got a bunch all at once last batch.

Oh well, when the company comes I'll just hand them all a bottle and tell them to feed a calf
gig.gif

meri

Back
Top Bottom