Pocket Cows.... sort of ;) Updated PICS post #20

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Mojo Chick'n, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

We got twin calves the other night and they are the tiniest sweetest things - I'm already in love with these two.
    They are a boy and a girl, so not sure if the heifer is going to be a freemartin or not (I hope not, I'd love to keep her). Chances are like 92 % that she is, though - I guess we'll see.

They are the size of my lab mix dog [​IMG] and they are so adorable. I'll get some pics of them standing up tomorrow. We got another calf tonight, and he is twice their size (he's a large baby, though).

Ike and Tina (cause Tina has a black eye [​IMG] - I'm bad, I know, you can chastize me later).
    [​IMG]

Tina
    [​IMG]

Ike
    [​IMG]

meri

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. b'hamPeeps

b'hamPeeps In the Brooder

Feb 14, 2009
    OMG! They are sooooo cute!

Congratulations!

3. Mojo Chick'n

If I thought I could house train them they'd be sleeping at the foot of my bed tonight [​IMG] I just want to snuggle these two all day long - hard to get work done when they loved to be loved on and scratched and petted so much.

btw - they are less than two foot tall. well, MAYBE two foot tall - but no taller than that.

meri

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  4. chickens4me

chickens4me Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Oh, they are so beautiful! Lucky You.

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    They are SOOOO beautiful! You're so lucky! I wish I had the room for some too!

6. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Songster

Apr 25, 2009
    How cute, [​IMG]
    I would love to have a bottle calf!

7. Mojo Chick'n

These are our 14th and 15th of the bottle babies. We did a round of a dozen of them (plus a heifer we got as a weanling) and now I'm starting again [​IMG] gonna be a busy season for me. I have company coming from out of state for Thanksgiving, was hoping to hold off on bottle babies til after then, but I guess I have other plans, now. We have another calf coming tomorrow evening, too. Went from none on bottles (had a break for a couple of weeks) to having four on at once by tomorrow.

Most I've had on bottle at one time was 9 - we got a bunch all at once last batch.

Oh well, when the company comes I'll just hand them all a bottle and tell them to feed a calf [​IMG]

meri

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    awesome.... i'll help bottle feed!

ike and tina... [​IMG]

9. raroo

raroo Songster

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Wow they are absolutely adorable! [​IMG] What is a freemartin?

10. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    correct me if I'm wrong but when twins are born if one is female she is usually sterile. Yes?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by