Polish Acting Sick - Happened Overnight. First Sick Chicken. Please Help!

Jun 7, 2022
EE79DEB9-1AF3-4C5A-8148-F162458EBAA1.jpeg

Hello everyone. This morning when I went to the coop, I immediately noticed my peppiest girl is acting not like herself. She hatched at the end of April.
When I go in the coop, she usually greets me and looks for food and is excited to go out to the run after I open the door for them. Everyone else was happy to go outside, but she was puffed up in the corner. I picked her up to check her out and saw no obvious signs of illness. When I set her down, her head kept dropping and she eventually laid down like this. She had a very watery/egg white looking poop.
I am following Chickenlandia’s sickness protocol, REST - Removing (Quarantining), Electrolytes/Vitamins, Scrambled Eggs, and Temperature Control by bringing her to my garage in a large dog crate and giving her Rooster Booster minerals and scrambled eggs. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be or what else I can do for her? The thought of losing my Princess Polly breaks my heart. Please help. ❤️

Can you do a thorough check for injuries, lice or mites? Does her poo have any undigested food? What are you feeding them?

My initial thought is to give her a calcium citrate tablet, she's four months and some do start to lay at that point.

Can you do a thorough check for injuries, lice or mites? Does her poo have any undigested food? What are you feeding them?

My initial thought is to give her a calcium citrate tablet, she's four months and some do start to lay at that point.
Yes - no injuries, lice/mites, vent is clear, she has only had watery poop. Her crop seems empty, nothing hard/squishy etc. there.

I give them Nature’s Best Organic Chick Starter/Grower. I don’t have calcium citrate on hand, I might try a crushed Tums tablet if I can get her to eat…

Back
Top Bottom