poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

Legal in the city, illegal according to our covenants, but the covenants have expired!
smile.png
In Mobile, we can have up to 25 hens, no roosters!

I will be legal if I can ever get the coop built!!! Our town is considered a "Farm Town" and we can have any kind/number of animals we want (not true for some sub-divisions in town) as long as we get a permit. Permit has cost me $400!!!! This is going to be one expensive hobby!!

Legal with the City illegal with my HOA hopefully the trees in my front keep hiding my bird obsession in the back yard !

Don't have any yet, but we'll be cluckers. Not only are we renting our house, but the city requires a 12,000 sq ft lot, and ours is about 11,000. However, one of our neighbors was able to get a variance (signed by all surrounding neighbors) allowing her to have more than the city's usual legal limit - so I'd like to think that my neighbors will be cool with us having 2-3 hens.
wink.png

Rebel and surrounded by farms, not sure how that happened. There is a farm around the corner from my house, I can see it from my window, literally.
Even though we live in the same city, you must have a 20,000 sqft lot.
Brentwood is full of corn and farms yet some of us can't have chickens because our lot is less that 20,000, who came up with that brilliant idea.
And they say we are modern and moving forward
barnie.gif

Last edited:
San Diego has a 50 foot rule and I'm about 5 feet shy of legal... ...but who's counting.
hide.gif
Now, if the roo will just shut up before we all get locked up!
I get to hear the neighbors kids screaming and dogs barking and the airplanes, highway, sirens, drunk parties, racing cars and let's not forget the ghetto bird (the pd get to make all the noise they want to).

Back
Top Bottom