Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
I'm looking forward to seeing baby gosling Poms appear on this thread
love.gif
Good luck everyone!

hello
smile.png
do you think those are Pomeranian???

Not sure, I havent seen baby pomeranians before. But here are some characteristics to keep an eye on as they mature:

Quote: According to the International Waterfowl Breeders Association's Webpage, here are the standards for the breed:

Standard Weights
Old Gander.......17 lbs. Young Gander....15 lbs
Old Goose.........15 lbs. Young Goose......13 lbs.​

BILL: Medium in length, nearly straight, stout.
EYES: Large and rather prominent.
HEAD: Fairly broad, somewhat refined, crown somewhat flat.
NECK: Medium in length, moderately stout; carried upright.
BACK: Slightly convex; approximately 60% more length than breadth.
TAIL: Somewhat short, closely-folded, carried nearly level.
WINGS: Rather long with tips crossing over tail coverts. Carried high, neatly and smoothly folded.
BODY: Moderately long, plump, deep and meaty; keel not permissible. Paunch moderately deep, broad, single-lobed (a dual lobed paunch is a serious defect.)
BREAST: Plump, broad.
LEGS AND FEET: Lower Thighs- medium length, plump, nearly concealed by ample thigh coverts. Shanks- moderately long, rather refined but sturdy. Feet- toes, straight and well-webbed.​

What isn't mentioned above is that the eyes are blue, feet and portion of the legs pink to reddish orange, and a pinkish-red to flesh colored bill. Also, the colored "saddle" should appear like a heart type shape when viewed from above.

Pink legs & bill are a BIG characteristic of Poms.

Oh! and it looks like someone did post gosling pics on page 1, take a look at post # 7 of this thread
smile.png

hello
smile.png
do you think those are Pomeranian???

What color are their eyes? The saddleback marking doesn't necessarily mean Pomeranian, many times crosses will end up with that feather pattern. Blue eyes would suggest possible Pom though.

Here are some pictures of young Pomeranians from last season for reference. These range from a few days old to several weeks old.

They don' t have blue eyes or pink legs, the geese was a gift from an old man in Greece he must have at least 100 of them i asked what kind of breed they are and he tell me that is was a very old breed once very common that he have since he was a child from his grandfather he said they always raise those Geese for meat because they grow really fast.. I couldn't take new pictures today cause it was heavy rain here probably tomorrow, than x in advance.

everything seems correct except eyes are not blue and no pink to legs or bill, they do have what seem in the chest marking like half of a heart i ll try to put new pictures today.

I found this photo in Google typing Greek geese, mine are very similar only the patterns of my geese are more clear.

I found this photo in Google typing Greek geese, mine are very similar only the patterns of my geese are more clear.
Keep in mind though that the saddleback pattern is highly variable. some poms have too much color and others not enough. Don't rely on just the color pattern alone to determine whether or not a goose is a pure Pom or not.

Back
Top Bottom