Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
I acquired these two geese in a purchase I made. I don't know anything about these geese , I'm looking for information and rehoming. So what are they worth to you to purchase or I'll consider trades. Located between Houston and Ga

lveston Texas

I acquired these two geese in a purchase I made. I don't know anything about these geese , I'm looking for information and rehoming. So what are they worth to you to purchase or I'll consider trades. Located between Houston and Ga

lveston Texas

Would love to take them. How far are you from Atlanta?

Hi Y'all! I'm so glad to see a forum just for Pomeranians. I'm a new mom this year. I started off with 5 female greys and 3 male Embdens (just so I could easily tell the males/females apart) in April. My ultimate goals was to raise them at home until full grown and able to fly and them transfer them to our property with a 15 acre lake this summer. Sadly one of my females, Sweet Pea, has a very bad scissor beak. She was able to eat crumbs and grass clippings on her own for the first month or so until her beak grew more and more out of alignment and now has to be fed 4 times a day by tube. With that being said I kept her sister, Lil' Miss and 1 male, Buster to keep her company and help fend off any critters since she can't fend for herself. I live on just under an acre and would like to add a small pond for them. The 2 kiddie pools are just not cutting it and feel awful that their siblings have a 15 acre lake at their disposal 24/7. We have taken them to the property for visits but I would like something more permanent. Any ideas for a pond and filter system?

Hi Y'all! I'm so glad to see a forum just for Pomeranians. I'm a new mom this year. I started off with 5 female greys and 3 male Embdens (just so I could easily tell the males/females apart) in April. My ultimate goals was to raise them at home until full grown and able to fly and them transfer them to our property with a 15 acre lake this summer. Sadly one of my females, Sweet Pea, has a very bad scissor beak. She was able to eat crumbs and grass clippings on her own for the first month or so until her beak grew more and more out of alignment and now has to be fed 4 times a day by tube. With that being said I kept her sister, Lil' Miss and 1 male, Buster to keep her company and help fend off any critters since she can't fend for herself. I live on just under an acre and would like to add a small pond for them. The 2 kiddie pools are just not cutting it and feel awful that their siblings have a 15 acre lake at their disposal 24/7. We have taken them to the property for visits but I would like something more permanent. Any ideas for a pond and filter system?

@Ren2014

Glad to find this. I just got my first Pomeranians today, however, the "trio" turned out to be 2 ganders and a goose....... LOL. We are in SW Colorado and I would be interested in acquiring more females. I have a buff Saddleback pair and a great Saddleback gander. No pics yet. Anyone in CO, NM, Utah or close by? CarI of Free Rein Farms

I'm seriously considering raising some of these next year. They are lovely and I would like to help support the breed as it's in decline. I was planning on ordering three or four straight run from Stromberg. Anyone have experience with Stromberg's Poms?
Also, I was thinking I would order a pair of African or Chinese geese to guard my mixed flock. If I have a gaggle of Poms and Buff Americans, do you think I need the Africans, or will the Poms hold their own and let me know if a coyote or raccoon comes around? I have a guard dog and a run, but dog spends a little time inside in the winter because she is short haired and I like to let them range down to the pond a bit. I understand that the Chinese and Africans will intimidate a predator and raise a ruckus for a bit to give you a chance to get out there but maybe the Pomeranian will just make a lot of noise. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom