Possible bumble foot

Liaanne2425

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2023
I have a rooster that has started limping , he seems to have a bubble with possibly yellow pus underneath, I’m thinking it’s bumble foot and want to treat it . It’s in a toe not the foot pad . I’ve heard soaking in epsom salt helps and possibly wrapping the foot . What do you guys think ? This is my first time encountering this.

I will try tomorrow , it seems to have the typical scab of bumble foot I tried to pull it off and open it , but it’s very tough and I didn’t want to have to cut into too deep. I soaked it in epsom salt , sprayed with vetercin spray and wrapped it , i will definitely be checking on it tomorrow and taking the bandage off

I will try tomorrow , it seems to have the typical scab of bumble foot I tried to pull it off and open it , but it’s very tough and I didn’t want to have to cut into too deep. I soaked it in epsom salt , sprayed with vetercin spray and wrapped it , i will definitely be checking on it tomorrow and taking the bandage off
I’m so nervous bc Ik bumble foot can become very serious , I should have gotten a picture of it , it’s a dark scab with what seems to be a puss pocket behind it

Attachments

• 3EAD9599-A9B2-4A2D-AE87-7732803086C5.jpeg
    3EAD9599-A9B2-4A2D-AE87-7732803086C5.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 15
  • 86A87D2D-CB70-41BD-9085-C6D2C1167FF6.jpeg
    86A87D2D-CB70-41BD-9085-C6D2C1167FF6.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 14
Huh... It looks like some sort of blister or cyst? Bumblefoot usually has an obvious scab that you can pry out. I wouldn't cut into that personally, just soak it and maybe try a drawing salve like Prid or sugardine (sugar iodine paste).

Let us know how it progresses.

Huh... It looks like some sort of blister or cyst? Bumblefoot usually has an obvious scab that you can pry out. I wouldn't cut into that personally, just soak it and maybe try a drawing salve like Prid or sugardine (sugar iodine paste).

Let us know how it progresses.
Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom