Possible neurological problem

jennamay9

Hatching
Dec 15, 2023
I have flock of 6 pekin/muscovy ducks, 5 of them have no issues whatsoever, they are 6 months old. I had brought her in a couple weeks ago as she walked into a wall and wasn't hanging out with the other guys. I cleaned her up let her have two nights inside and when I put her back out she seemed to be able to rejoin and keep up. Last night when I was putting them to bed I noticed the other 5 had already got themselves tucked in and she was still outside. She was walking in a tight circle and he head keeps drifting to the left and then she moves it back to center. It reminds me of a typewriter. I cleaned her up again and he ate and drank plenty. Shes responsive to me and fights when I pick her up as normal but shes still either not moving or walking in a circle and her head is still drifting to the left.

I have flock of 6 pekin/muscovy ducks, 5 of them have no issues whatsoever, they are 6 months old. I had brought her in a couple weeks ago as she walked into a wall and wasn't hanging out with the other guys. I cleaned her up let her have two nights inside and when I put her back out she seemed to be able to rejoin and keep up. Last night when I was putting them to bed I noticed the other 5 had already got themselves tucked in and she was still outside. She was walking in a tight circle and he head keeps drifting to the left and then she moves it back to center. It reminds me of a typewriter. I cleaned her up again and he ate and drank plenty. Shes responsive to me and fights when I pick her up as normal but shes still either not moving or walking in a circle and her head is still drifting to the left.
@Miss Lydia
Awww poor thing sounds like it. i wonder if vitamins could help Can you make a video and let us see what she’s doing?

@jennamay9 has your ducks ever been on niacin from young ducklings? can you get some liquid b complex and also Poultry cell? TSC should have both. She could have a nutrient deficiency won't hurt to try these 2 and see if this helps and it could take a week or more so it may not be something that works overnight. The only other thing I can recommend is a vet visit. It may even be the start of something similar to wry neck since your saying her head is listing to the left.
The B complex should be 1 ml over a small amount of tasty treat or orally[we have info on how to do this] the poluty cell has info on bottle on how to treat. Make sure it's Rooster Booster "Poultry Cell"
How do her eyes look? clear? pictures would be good plus a video of how she is walking Videos have to be put on a platform like you tube then copy and pasted here.

I am agreeing with Miss Lydia, I would like to say one additional thought, My duck had a bug in its ear, holding his head to the side and shaking it,he started walking into the door and had to see the vet, so when you take it to the vet mention that as well, God BLess, good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom