post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. heartsizedfarm

heartsizedfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sure that's where the novel was based and probably also close to where the films were made. Who is your favourite Miss Marple? Mine is Joan Hickson. #kidnap

2. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    The one and only. Can't stand the new series where they change the killer and situations. Dumb. [​IMG]

3. DoubleMM

DoubleMM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2014
    New screen door is up
    [​IMG]

Wow new view

[​IMG]

4. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    I agree. I want atleast 10 acres. Large coops for different breeding chicken groups, maybe some ducks, my horses, dog, ect..

1 person likes this.
  5. caychris

caychris Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    Antioch Ca
    Yep me too. Would really like to employ some permaculture farm principles and make a fully sustainable place to live.

1 person likes this.
  6. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    oh yeah I hear ya

7. Bethel3330

Bethel3330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    WV
    I can't seem to do much else once I let mine out in the evening! :)

8. DSTchickencraze

DSTchickencraze Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Concord, NC
    Thanks Jtbass! Will look through the pictures and see if I can find some inspiration haha. I'm not the most building inclined, but I'm sure I could figure something out. I'm one of those people that need a very detailed list of instructions on when it comes to building things. [​IMG]

9. caychris

caychris Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    Antioch Ca
    Thats kind of how I built my run. It can be disassembled pretty easily if I had to move it. Framed 6' long wall sections with framing 2"x4" My sections are 6'7" high. We built one with 4"x4" verticals on the outsides for the one with the Door. I have 2 coops attached to this central run. 1 is a small prefab coop bought at Costco. The other is one I designed and built to go with the run.

Im in a city residential area with good fencing between neighbors I plan to put pavers around the bottom. Im a little concerned about racoons though I have not seen any in my neighborhood because of the dogs but you never know what the future holds. I don't have doors I can close on the coops yet but its planned. Right now the worst I have to deal with are hawks and owls.

10. Suzyr

Suzyr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2014
    Eastern NC
    Here is ours! Its was made by a local builder in the Raleigh area in NC. Its called the "Mini-Cooper." =)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by