post your chicken coop pictures here!

I got the big poo off my one hen today, I picked her up and just kept working it back and forth till it came off, someone had told me to give her a bath to take it off but it is to cold for that, I asked the man I got my blue hens from and he said he also did not like putting her in water this time of year he told me to just take one part at a time till it make loss then go to another, I did what he told me and it was off in no time, I bet she has a sore rear as it just hug there, was so big. he did say if you have to use water put her head in a pillow case.

Another 8 hours. Super windy and only 56'. I didn't get the upper roof done. It's so steep it freaked me out. Ugh. Am also short shingles, so need to go back to habitat tuesday. Another ugh. But the trim is up.

Still need to caulk and paint.

Pardon my butt.

Last edited:
Another 8 hours. Super windy and only 56'. I didn't get the upper roof done. It's so steep it freaked me out. Ugh. Am also short shingles, so need to go back to habitat tuesday. Another ugh. But the trim is up.

Pardon my butt.

You can build me a coop any time.
big_smile.png
I'd even let you choose the paint color.

When my mother first moved here from North Dakota, she complained that the mountains & trees were blocking the view. Took her years to figure out the mountains & trees were the view. Though there's nothing quite like watching other people's storms from a high spot in an otherwise long, flat view.

Todays pre-sunrise ...

We used one piece of that large-particle pressed board in our coop, and it had started to mildew before we had the other walls up.

Well my coop and run are not as pretty as some that I have seen but I have 8 happy birds and they provide 3 to 5 eggs a day so I am happy.

This is the overview

This is Candance She is the bad one of the bunch

This is her isolated home

This is where Saturday and his two barred Rocks and Dominic hens live

Saturday is the white rooster

This is where they play at we are letting grass grow first

This is where you can see the other Rhode Island reds there is Shundaclaire and his two hens Candance was with him but she pecked one of the hens and made her eye foam up so she had to get her own space. She is still a little mad at me.
D.gif
hit.gif
D.gif
I wish I had recorded her and did commentary although I doubt there were any nice things said about me lol!!!!!!

Pardon my butt.

OMG you built a Woods Style chicken coop.... Aweseome coops for Fresh air and dealing with cold....

If you have issues with wind constantly... as I do. a short wall on the windward side like a snow fence will help cut down "gusts" Wind break will just push the air up and break the force.

deb

Back
Top Bottom