post your chicken coop pictures here!

Very good point! Once the ladies are moved in upstairs I'll have to observe and see if they take issue. The hatch opening in the coop is close to one wall but has plenty of space on two sides for them to jump on. If the landing does end up being a problem I can turn the ramp and run it side to side rather than front to back in the space. I've heard that the chickens will accommodate almost anything if it is all they know - including climb straight vertical ladders to get up to a coop. We will see what these ladies figure out
smile.png

This is our new coop. It's 8x10. We built it to allow for 20 sqft of ventilation in the roof plus both window open 10 inches. This was a huge project for us. I'm hoping we don't have a flawed design with all the vents in the top. But we put this up and it poured rain the next 2 days and it was dry inside so I'm
Hoping we're ok :)

This is the side view of the vents. The roof hangs off a foot on each side and that seemed to help keep the rain out. Any suggestions or critiques are welcome!

This is our new coop. It's 8x10. We built it to allow for 20 sqft of ventilation in the roof plus both window open 10 inches. This was a huge project for us. I'm hoping we don't have a flawed design with all the vents in the top. But we put this up and it poured rain the next 2 days and it was dry inside so I'm
Hoping we're ok
smile.png

Not flawed never too much ventilation.... Draft is different than ventilation... If you find you have drafts its easily remedied with a door to close against bllowing rain or snow...

Very cute coop by the way. I prefer to be able to walk in and stand up...

deb

Very nice chicken house mundamnsel! Our design is similar to your with the roof and it's on skids as well. What pitch did you do your roof.
Ours is supposed to be 4:12. Did you use all PT wood or did you use untreated for the walls and/or roof?

Hey guys. I'm looking for simple designs for meat birds... I have Black Austrolorps because they are dual purpose. We are going to start with just a few. Get the processing down pact before going bigger. Plan on doing around 5 to start. Growing to around 40-50. Need ideas. I did see a simple 10'x10'x2' design but I'm not sure if meat birds need roosts or just clean ground. Hope for one with either removable pan on bottom or on wheels to move as needed. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom