Post your Duck names!

Pics
I am afraid to say our indian runner drake is called Donald (yes very original)

Our first 2 female ducks were named after my Mother-in-law and her sister because they chattered all the way home so they are called Hilary and Janet!

ha ha Sharon

2 female pekins-booster pack and Pete
Saxony drake-Bernie
Khaki cambells- mowgli and rainbow dash
Unknown little duckling- bubbles
We have our last 3 coming next week who will all be girls. Buff Orpington named beans, blue Swedish named buttercup and a nameless blue runner. My kids name them all

I am afraid to say our indian runner drake is called Donald (yes very original)

Our first 2 female ducks were named after my Mother-in-law and her sister because they chattered all the way home so they are called Hilary and Janet!

ha ha Sharon

Very cute.
smile.png
Welcome to BYC @Hilarys Home

2 female pekins-booster pack and Pete
Saxony drake-Bernie
Khaki cambells- mowgli and rainbow dash
Unknown little duckling- bubbles
We have our last 3 coming next week who will all be girls. Buff Orpington named beans, blue Swedish named buttercup and a nameless blue runner. My kids name them all
Sweet. better hurry on the blue Runner so it won't get it's feeling hurt. I should talk I have 9- 6 week old Runners that don't have names yet. I just call the "the gang" and 2 Buffs same age that are nameless. lol

Someone had posted a topic in the chicken section of BYC ab out their unique chicken names...  it inspired me to start that topic here...  So go ahead and post your duck's names!

I'll start,  My brown runner MingMei (pronounced: meeng- may)  was named by my chinese roomate.  Her name means smart and beautiful in chinese.

My other duck is named Victor...  Which isn't all that weird of a name, but the funny story is in why we named him that.  My duck is named after a chinese gangster.  When we first got him he was very, well aggressive/fiesty maybe?  he constantly tried jumped out of his brooder, he bit ming mei who was bigger and older on her butt constantly.  He ate voraciously, and used to have this problem with biting the lip of any person he could get close enough to.  My finace said he was a tough guy like this chinese gangster he used to know named victor back in high school. lol.  The name stuck... (Go figure he's a biggest baby now, he's super snuggly, doesn't nip anymore, and he runs form his own shadow).

So what about you guys?  Why did you name your duck what you did?

I've got all sorts of duck breeds but they all have their own characters so I sure don't struggle to name them
smile.png

Here are my names:
Maka (I used to have her husband called Paka)
Quicey (We were cooking quinces when we were thinking of names)
Sydney
Darwin
Rex (although we call him Rexie, he looked like a t-rex because he's a runner)
Shampoo & Conditioner (Husband and wife crested ducks)
and I have others but their not so unique.

Pekins
William'O
Peggy-O
Loose Lucy
Larry and
Shirley(it was Laverne and Shirley till Laverne turned out to be a male)

Runners
Francois
Thema
Patches
Onyx
Caesar
Nutty
Pearlie

Muscovies
Mr Stuffy
Pinky

Back