***Post your pics of chicken dinners, please***

Charles07

Songster
9 Years
Apr 10, 2010
Sheridan, Indiana
Let's see 'em!

You put alot of hard work into raising, slaughtering, butchering and preparing your chicken dinners. Show 'em off!

Fried chicken

n1e920.jpg

Fried livers, gizzards and hearts

2uo72pg.jpg

Baked chicken

rlamav.jpg

Chicken "pot" pies

amttn9.jpg

One smoked RIR roo and one smoked EE roo (the later was MUCH tougher in life then he was after a couple hours on the smoker). We processed 8 RIR and 2 EE roos one day and DH just HAD to see if he could taste a difference. Nope, both tasted just like chicken
smile.png

54700_image3.jpg

Katy, the key is to take the picture as soon as you finish cooking it. That way it's too hot to handle. (I have 5 kids, it's tricky!)
smile.png

mstricer, the trick is to double or even triple batter the chicken. Mix spices with flour, coat chicken in egg, dredge in flour mixture, repeat once or even twice more. The more times you repeat the process the thicker and fluffier it is.
smile.png

Eggs, those look delicious!

we just processed 4 RIR roos this weekend... still on ice... they were 5 1/2 months old... i'd like to know what kind of chicken you raised to cook as well... and how old .. just out of curiousity

This was a dinner I made the other night. I put a butter/rosemary/tyme mixture up under the skin on the breast side and also rub it all over the outside.

9370_img_6354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom