Prayer Req - Daughters Horse - Update Severe Infection Jugular Vein

Is the Vet sure that this isn't strangles? Same area, same type of pussy lump and infection. She was exposed to God only knows what in a hospital situation. Fever along with swelling? I would think you would have seen an infection brewing from the time you brought her home. Did he lance the infection to relieve pressure on the vein? Just some thoughts for you.

It's not strangles. She get vaccinated every year for it.

I just got off the phone with him and the fever is still gone. The swelling has gone down quite a bit, and he said you can see the vein now and it is still swollen.

I am waiting to hear from a lady that has to go to WSU to pick up a donkey to bring back today. She is a "horse ambulance". She will take Brandy down for me and bring the other back.

pips&peeps :

It's not strangles. She get vaccinated every year for it.

I just got off the phone with him and the fever is still gone. The swelling has gone down quite a bit, and he said you can see the vein now and it is still swollen.

I am waiting to hear from a lady that has to go to WSU to pick up a donkey to bring back today. She is a "horse ambulance". She will take Brandy down for me and bring the other back.

Had my entire herd of 12 who had been vacinated for years get it when exposed to one colt we brought onto the place contaminated which we didn't know.

Good Luck!​

Sorry about your girl prayer that she pulls through
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom