prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Wait wait wait. Am I misinterperting this? You seriously think there is no good thing in any of us? Yes, God is good, and he made good people. Even those that don't believe, or don't know to believe, have good in them. If you think there is no good thing in any of us, you live in a sad world. Yes, that good comes from God but it doesn't mean WE don't have it

you are misinterpreting the whole thing. the point is that if we have faith we can fight everything. there are good people but without God they do nothing. I hope this makes sense to you.

Wait wait wait. Am I misinterperting this? You seriously think there is no good thing in any of us? Yes, God is good, and he made good people. Even those that don't believe, or don't know to believe, have good in them. If you think there is no good thing in any of us, you live in a sad world. Yes, that good comes from God but it doesn't mean WE don't have it
There is good in us. But we are not good. Nobody is good, but the Father. Jesus said it Himself, when someone called Him "Good Teacher..."

This goes along the lines of how Ray Comfort (Living Waters YT) evangelizes. He asks someone if they think they are a good person, then he goes through the 10 commandments and then they can clearly see that they are not good. Nobody is good but God alone. We all deserve Hell. That should be our punishment. But Praise be to God that we have such an awesome and merciful God! God sent his only Son so that we would not have to die. Reminds me of the well-known Bible verse:
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (KJV)
The wages... God pays us in death because of our sins. We deserve death. But God's free gift is everlasting life if we choose to put our trust in Him and repent before Him.

I am thinking of Scriptures like this:

Jeremiah 17:9 KJV
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

And:

Genesis 6:5 KJV
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And Paul said:

Romans 7:18 KJV
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

However, the good news is this, as you rightly pointed out:

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Ugh, sorry, gotta finish this later.

Back
Top Bottom