prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Hello, brothers and sisters! My name is Susan; I am popping in here today to testify to give God glory for answered prayer.

I posted this 10 days ago, about an egg bound hen named Raven. I received so much good advice and have been treating this girl since then, with no apparent results.
I asked my believing chicken friends to pray this morning for God's mercy to loosen her body so she could pass the egg. I am so thankful that He answered with a "yes" and my little Raven finally laid a huge egg this afternoon (after 22 days!).

I know a chicken is a small thing, and some would even say a silly thing to pray for but here's the thing: I have been praying for some really big things over the past several years (unsaved children and other family members, two friends with terminal, untreatable cancer, a friend dealing with infertility, to name a few) and the fact that God saved a chicken of all things just serves to strengthen my faith and reassures me that He is listening and He is working, even if I cannot see it.

Maybe some of you can relate to that, maybe not. Either way, God deserves all glory, honor and praise in all situations and circumstances, even if the answer to our prayers is not immediate, or even if the answer is not what we hoped for.

Stay salty, stay lit, my faithful brothers and sisters!
Oh my goodness! I've been following that thread (lurking) and I'm so, so happy it finally happened! Praise be to God! And good job on helping her through that! :celebrate:wee:hugs

You are all amazing and I'm grateful for this thread!! God works all things for our good, even if we can't see it right away.

I am asking for rather large prayers. My boyfriend of 4 years and I got into an argument Saturday night.

I was in a very verbally abusive and in some ways physically abusive relationship with my kids' dad and it took a lot of counseling, prayers, counseling with our pastor, and God putting things that needed to happen in place to leave. That said, I've worked to heal, I go to therapy, etc.

Still I find this man (current not boyfriend 😁) triggers me. I have had enough counseling and education to see the disrespect, manipulation, and why I was being triggered but I am guilty of that same old hope that things would get better.

We've tried breaking up before (bad sign) and for some reason it doesn't stay.

I want to be done.

I have zero reasons to stay in this. We don't live together, he doesn't pay my bills, he isn't super close to my kids, he isn't helpful around my home, he rarely lifts me up or encourages me (and if he does somehow he tries to take credit.for my success later) and he has some major manipulative tendencies.

Please pray for me to have strength to stick to this decision. We haven't formally talked about it, we haven't spoken/texted/anything since Sunday morning. (Which was so odd. To show up at my house after being asked to leave because of an argument and then acting like things are fine and he just wants to fish...) At some point we will probably need to be adults and have closure but I honestly wish I could skip that part. There are things I love but they're so overshadowed by the negative things.

You are all amazing and I'm grateful for this thread!! God works all things for our good, even if we can't see it right away.

I am asking for rather large prayers. My boyfriend of 4 years and I got into an argument Saturday night.

I was in a very verbally abusive and in some ways physically abusive relationship with my kids' dad and it took a lot of counseling, prayers, counseling with our pastor, and God putting things that needed to happen in place to leave. That said, I've worked to heal, I go to therapy, etc.

Still I find this man (current not boyfriend 😁) triggers me. I have had enough counseling and education to see the disrespect, manipulation, and why I was being triggered but I am guilty of that same old hope that things would get better.

I want to be done.

I have zero reasons to stay in this. We don't live together, he doesn't pay my bills, he isn't super close to my kids, he isn't helpful around my home, he rarely lifts me up or encourages me (and if he does somehow he tries to take credit.for my success later) and he has some major manipulative tendencies.

Please pray for me to have strength to stick to this decision. We haven't formally talked about it, we haven't spoken/texted/anything since Sunday morning. (Which was so odd. To show up at my house after being asked to leave because of an argument and then acting like things are fine and he just wants to fish...) At some point we will probably need to be adults and have closure but I honestly wish I could skip that part. There are things I love but they're so overshadowed by the negative things.
Praying! :hugs

I want to be done.

Oh, man, this sounds soooo familiar!

It took me 25 years and two kids to get out of a marriage just like this. The kids are so damaged ... one's a recovering (praise God!) alcoholic, the other is a still- suffering drug addict. May God give you the strength, faith, hope and courage to run, not walk, away from this toxic relationship so He can guide you to the healthy, happy, balanced Christian person He is preparing for you.

I know He is, because He brought me to mine 12 years ago. Set healthy boundaries for yourself and insist they be respected. If they are not, call the police. Do not allow yourself to be physically, verbally, mentally, financially, socially or emotionally abused, controlled or manipulated. If necessary, file a restraining order. Protect yourself. Do not be a victim. Love respects, it does not harm. Read 1 Corinthians 13 and put his name in the place of the word "Love. (Or Charity, drpending on your translation). Is he all that? Then keep looking until you find someone who is.

Like this:

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 KJV
(THIS MAN) suffereth long, and is kind; (He) envieth not; (HE) vaunteth not (HIM) self, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave (HIM)self unseemly, seeketh not (HIS) own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; (etc.)

My prayer for you is that you not settle for anything less than this, that your joy may be full! ❤️🥰❤️ God bless you!

It took me 25 years and two kids to get out of a marriage just like this. The kids are so damaged ... one's a recovering (praise God!) alcoholic, the other is a still- suffering drug addict. May God give you the strength, faith, hope and courage to run, not walk, away from this toxic relationship so He can guide you to the healthy, happy, balanced Christian person He is preparing for you.

I know He is, because He brought me to mine 12 years ago. Set healthy boundaries for yourself and insist they be respected. If they are not, call the police. Do not allow yourself to be physically, verbally, mentally, financially, socially or emotionally abused, controlled or manipulated. If necessary, file a restraining order. Protect yourself. Do not be a victim. Love respects, it does not harm. Read 1 Corinthians 13 and put his name in the place of the word "Love. (Or Charity, drpending on your translation). Is he all that? Then keep looking until you find someone who is.

Like this:

(THIS MAN) suffereth long, and is kind; (He) envieth not; (HE) vaunteth not (HIM) self, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave (HIM)self unseemly, seeketh not (HIS) own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; (etc.)

My prayer for you is that you not settle for anything less than this, that your joy may be full! ❤️🥰❤️ God bless you!
I think because he is nowhere near as bad as my kids'dad that it seemed ok. He isn't physical, but he is manipulative, says negative things, etc. He doesn't call me names, so it is more subtle. He does tend to pick at everything about me and I just can't take it. If I say something it's "I was just joking you should know that. You need to come back at me" or of commenting on my weight (which my doctor says I'm healthy) he will say "I'm just trying to help you" or "you should start taking care of yourself" (a week after I told him I was scheduled for blood work because I couldn't figure out why I gained 15# in a month even with going to gym 2-3 days a week and skiing 1-4 days a week. I'm pretty physically active, I get 12k+ steps a day but because I'm not a size 4 he doesn't find me attractive and says he should be able to be honest about this with me.

I think because he is nowhere near as bad as my kids'dad that it seemed ok. He isn't physical, but he is manipulative, says negative things, etc. He doesn't call me names, so it is more subtle. He does tend to pick at everything about me and I just can't take it. If I say something it's "I was just joking you should know that. You need to come back at me" or of commenting on my weight (which my doctor says I'm healthy) he will say "I'm just trying to help you" or "you should start taking care of yourself" (a week after I told him I was scheduled for blood work because I couldn't figure out why I gained 15# in a month even with going to gym 2-3 days a week and skiing 1-4 days a week. I'm pretty physically active, I get 12k+ steps a day but because I'm not a size 4 he doesn't find me attractive and says he should be able to be honest about this with me.

Like this:

And congrats on your child who is a recovering alcoholic, and prayers he/she can continue on that path. It is not easy. And many prayers on your other child still battling addiction.

These are issues I worry about for my kids. They're predisposed to it (their dad and his side of the family have addiction issues). I give them to go every day but I still struggle with worry. And my daughter is such a god loving child! She prays a lot and prayed at a restaurant.rhw other night. It really upset him but I was proud of her. Our values are so off!

I was approved for the job today. I’m not sure I’m going to take it though. I have until Friday morning to decide. It would only be 12-16 hours a week Which is less than I want. My take home pay after gas and taxes would be less than $70 a week. And it sounds stupid but I don’t think I would be valued there. On the other hand it’s very flexible and it might be a way to dip my toes in a bit since it’s not at all challenging and the hours are light. It’s also better than sitting on my butt at home.
I’m conflicted about whether to go ahead and take it or to wait for a better opportunity. I’m getting pressure from friends and family to do one thing or the other and that’s making it more difficult as well.

And congrats on your child who is a recovering alcoholic, and prayers he/she can continue on that path. It is not easy. And many prayers on your other child still battling addiction.

These are issues I worry about for my kids. They're predisposed to it (their dad and his side of the family have addiction issues). I give them to go every day but I still struggle with worry. And my daughter is such a god loving child! She prays a lot and prayed at a restaurant.rhw other night. It really upset him but I was proud of her. Our values are so off!
Can two walk together, except they be agreed? Jesus asked.

If he is critical of your appearance, your weight, is demeaning of you, that is a HUGE red flag! He does not find you attractive? Then why is he even with you? Who is he, to find fault with you? To tell you what you need to work on?
:thYou know in your heart that these are not the signs of a good relationship. You would not want someone saying these things to your daughter. You know what you need to do. Ask Jesus to help you, to set you free.
Thank you for your prayers for my struggling child. ♥️🙏♥️

He was upset bc your daughter prayed at a restaurant? That tells you a lot! When we eat at a restaurant, our family all holds hands around the table, we bow our heads and DH asks a blessing over the food. We don't make a big deal of it, most people don't notice, but we bless our meal at home and we do it at restaurants too. God is first in our lives. You need a man in your life who puts God first, even before you.

psychological abuse can cause more damage than physical. concentrate on your kids and stay away from that person. call police if necessary. praying for you and your kids.

Back
Top Bottom