prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Jacob Study comments appreciated,,,,,,,,,, chapters 43+44 and the first part of 45 skipped because Jacob was not mentioned

Genesis 45 NASB
24 So he sent his brothers away, and as they departed, he said to them, “Do not quarrel on the journey.” 25 Then they went up from Egypt, and came to the land of Canaan to their father Jacob. 26 They told him, saying, “Joseph is still alive, and indeed he is ruler over all the land of Egypt.” But he was stunned, for he did not believe them. 27 When they told him all the words of Joseph that he had spoken to them, and when he saw the wagons that Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of their father Jacob revived. 28 Then Israel said, “It is enough; my son Joseph is still alive. I will go and see him before I die.”

Actually Star Wars also preaches a Buddhist message

I know. I try make sure that I keep "the force" in perspective with the Bible though. Sometimes I'm just like, "NO IT"S NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL!!!" Being a bad movie watcher during my favorite movies.... I don't make sense to me
gig.gif

Nope, St. Nicholas is not in the bible because he came after Christ. I didn't say we followed St. Nicholas, he is great man who followed Jesus Christ, becoming a priest (later on Bishop) during the early persecution in Rome. It is believed that St. Nicholas once gave some gold coins to man (in secret) to pay for his daughters, that is where the a lot the Santa bringing gifts things started. We like to learn about his life to take advice on how to lead a holy life and follow Christ. If you take advice or listen to your pastor are you following him and not Jesus Christ?
goodpost.gif

I like to try and copy Paul's life. Despite how confusing he can be.... "Dude, you don't need to say the same thing three times in one verse, in completely different ways!!!"
roll.png

Just a quick off track question, I'm reading the Lord of the Rings right now for the hundredth time and was wondering if anyone else has read them or is a fan of them? I love reading books written by Tolkien and Lewis, also books about them.

edited for use of words :)

Last edited:
[COLOR=000000]does anyone want to clarify what seems to be a confusing teaching?[/COLOR] [COLOR=0066CC]James 1:13[/COLOR] [COLOR=0066CC]NASB[/COLOR] Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. Matthew 4:1-3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4:1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. [SUP]2 [/SUP]And after He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And the tempter came and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.” [COLOR=0066CC]Matthew 6:13[/COLOR] NASB And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Well, God doesn't "tempt" but that doesn't mean that we're out here in the world with blinders on. :( The whole world is a treasure trove of temptation. Just like Jesus was LED by the spirit to a place where he was to BE tempted *by* EVIL, we walk this planet constantly bring subjected to temptation. So, we ask that we not be led into temptation as to our own human devices, but be delivered from evil, whether it be "bearing it", or " escaping" it, both of which can be done through the holy spirit and Jesus. I hope that made sense from my POV, my brain is really foggy today :p

Back
Top Bottom