prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Hi, guys. I'm so sorry I didn't get my study posted on this today, please be patient with me. We had a bit of a health scare tonight. My GirlChild says one of her co-workers at a fast-food place tested positive. We're going to have to self-isolate my girl until she tests negative. Please keep us in your prayers. We are claiming the promises of Psalm 91. Please pray for us, THAT OUR FAITH FAIL NOT!!! Thank you!

Praying

Hi, guys. I'm so sorry I didn't get my study posted on this today, please be patient with me. We had a bit of a health scare tonight. My GirlChild says one of her co-workers at a fast-food place tested positive. We're going to have to self-isolate my girl until she tests negative. Please keep us in your prayers. We are claiming the promises of Psalm 91. Please pray for us, THAT OUR FAITH FAIL NOT!!! Thank you!

Praying 🙏🙏

Praying for you and your family!
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you.
3 John 1:2

Okay I am going to start on my study of how God will deal with the unsaved. This is so important because of what it tells us about the character of God - which Satan has done his best to distort and malign since the beginning of this earth's history, and even prior to that.

But before we open the Word of God, we must seek His guidance. What I think or say is no more important than the wrapper around your french fries. So let's go to the Authority.

Heavenly Father, we seek only Truth in this matter. And Your Son Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the life (John 14:6). So please send Your Spirit to guide us in His Way so that we may know the Truth in Your Word and know You better. Thank You, Amen.

Okay. So God's word says, over and over, that God is love (1 John 4:8, for example), but the doctrine of eternally burning hellfire says the opposite.

This doctrine grew out of Satan's first lie, "You will not surely die," (Gen 3:4) spoken to Eve in the Garden, when God had said if they ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, they WOULD die. Is God a liar, or is the devil?

We are probably all very familiar with the following scriptures about salvation, but read them again here carefully:

John 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What does it mean "to perish? Well, obviously it means the opposite of having everlasting life.

Let's look at another.

Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Again, the wages of sin is what? Is death. The gift of God is life. We are presented these in contrast to each other. Life is the opposite of death. Life is existence. Death is to cease from existence. Death is extinction. I know, it's hard to get your mind around. But this is what Scripture tells us.

But somehow "death" has come to mean "eternal LIFE in unceasing torment, burning for all eternity." Why? Because Satan has convinced us that God, rather carelessly it seems, has created a being He can't destroy! He created Man, an immortal being. And if that's true, then when Man, or a human being, decides not to worship God, not to submit or give allegiance to his Creator, then what is God to do with him? Well, apparently God has to torture him through immortal ages for that choice. Yikes! Does this sound like a God of love? In our next study we will look at the nature of Man (humanity) and see if we are truly immortal, and if this is indeed God's only option.

Thanks for reading! Comments and questions welcome!

Back
Top Bottom