prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I have walked through some very trying times in the last few years. Many times I didn’t feel I could live through and didn’t know if I wanted to. I found “Daily Light “ to be so lifting. Seemed to miraculously know what I needed to hear to make it through that day. God is faithful and my family is beginning to heal. “A broken and contrite heart, these oh Lord, you will not despise”. He holds all our tears.
:hugs glad you are still here!

I have walked through some very trying times in the last few years. Many times I didn’t feel I could live through and didn’t know if I wanted to. I found “Daily Light “ to be so lifting. Seemed to miraculously know what I needed to hear to make it through that day. God is faithful and my family is beginning to heal. “A broken and contrite heart, these oh Lord, you will not despise”. He holds all our tears.
I SO understand! There have been times over the past few years when my faith was the ONLY thing holding me together. For a long time, there has only been one set of footprints in my sand. Now there are two again. Though my own are small and tentative and often show signs of stumbling, I know that as long as I keep my hand in His, I can keep walking.

I SO understand! There have been times over the past few years when my faith was the ONLY thing holding me together. For a long time, there has only been one set of footprints in my sand. Now there are two again. Though my own are small and tentative and often show signs of stumbling, I know that as long as I keep my hand in His, I can keep walking.
Amen, Sisters! I think most of us have been there, done that, designed the T-shirts, have the scars, wrinkles, and grey hairs to prove it. But He is faithful who has begun a good work in us and has promised to complete it, weak and faltering though we may be. Praise His holy Name!

Amen

Funny thing is, I never have wanted chickens. Finally got them this year and they have been such a source of joy and bonding in our family. God works in mysterious ways
He certainly does, @Alissa802! So glad to hear your biddies are a source of comfort, joy and companionship to you and your family during these challenging times!

Ya know, when Jesus walked the earth, He spoke to a people whose economy and lifestyle were primarily driven by sheep and goats and supported by agriculture, so His lessons were based on those things. But there is a lot of religion in chickens, too! He talked about the love the shepherd had for His sheep, and how the sheep knew His voice. How tenderly He cared for each one. How concerned He was if one was missing. How He protected them from predators. Just like we all do for our little feathered friends. We are His baby chicks and chickens! Sometimes we don't understand His intentions toward us and we run from Him ... but He only wants the best for us.

This Covid thing has me really thinking, and I imagine a lot of you are too. The last time any natural event took place that affected the entire planet was the Flood of Genesis 7-9. Can this be a judgment from the Lord? Or is the question, can this be anything other than a judgment from the Lord? If so, what's the message? What is the Lord trying to tell us? The Lord is not willing that any should be lost, because He is a God of love. Therefore, we can assume that this event, like the Flood, is ultimately redemptive in nature. God did not send the Flood primarily to destroy mankind, but to save them. There was room on the ark for all who wanted to be saved. Noah preached for 120 years, calling the people to life, to repentance, to salvation. God's heart of mercy reached out to the people. But the people refused. I believe this pandemic is similar in nature to the Flood. Judgment is going on in heaven now, before the Lord returns. It must be, because when He comes, He says, "My reward is with Me." Rev. 22:12. It's time now for everyone who will to choose Jesus as their Savior. He will separate the sheep from the goats when He comes. This pandemic, I believe, is the Lord's way of trying to get our attention. "Behold, I come quickly," He says, several times. Rev. 3:11, 22:7, 12. It is a time for us to search our hearts, to confess every sin, to repent, to turn from anything that is keeping us from walking closely with the Lord, to get serious about our relationship with Him. Claim the power of the gospel, get victory over sin in your life. He is able! He is coming! I want to be ready to greet Him, don't you?

This Covid thing has me really thinking, and I imagine a lot of you are too. The last time any natural event took place that affected the entire planet was the Flood of Genesis 7-9. Can this be a judgment from the Lord? Or is the question, can this be anything other than a judgment from the Lord? If so, what's the message? What is the Lord trying to tell us? The Lord is not willing that any should be lost, because He is a God of love. Therefore, we can assume that this event, like the Flood, is ultimately redemptive in nature. God did not send the Flood primarily to destroy mankind, but to save them. There was room on the ark for all who wanted to be saved. Noah preached for 120 years, calling the people to life, to repentance, to salvation. God's heart of mercy reached out to the people. But the people refused. I believe this pandemic is similar in nature to the Flood. Judgment is going on in heaven now, before the Lord returns. It must be, because when He comes, He says, "My reward is with Me." Rev. 22:12. It's time now for everyone who will to choose Jesus as their Savior. He will separate the sheep from the goats when He comes. This pandemic, I believe, is the Lord's way of trying to get our attention. "Behold, I come quickly," He says, several times. Rev. 3:11, 22:7, 12. It is a time for us to search our hearts, to confess every sin, to repent, to turn from anything that is keeping us from walking closely with the Lord, to get serious about our relationship with Him. Claim the power of the gospel, get victory over sin in your life. He is able! He is coming! I want to be ready to greet Him, don't you?

My own thoughts are that this virus came from Satan trying to destroy mankind. God uses that which was meant for evil and turns it against the enemy resulting in good. God promised to not flood the entire earth again. He promised that the next time he destroys everything it will be at the battle of Armageddon. But these things are signs of his coming for sure! Wars, rumors of wars, famine, pestilence, the very earth in turmoil. Oh yes, he is certainly coming soon so trim your wicks!!

Back
Top Bottom