prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

There are two things that make God worthy of worship and adoration, above all else that may be called "god" or worshipped. First, only the true God can create. And second, only the true God knows the future, the end from the beginning. Genesis 1:1 reveals God as Creator immediately: In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. This is God introducing Himself to His children. God knew we would wonder about our origins. Even small children ask: Where did I come from? So He tells us clearly: I made you. And He tells us, clearly and simply, how He made us. He spoke our world into existence in six literal, 24-hour days. "And the evening and the morning were the (first, second, third, etc.) day. ( Gen. 1:5, etc.) He provided for all our needs. He made all things good. Creation was an act of love - love for us. The other way God reveals His God-ness is through fulfilled prophecy. And one of, if not THE most significant and powerful fulfilled prophecies is that concerning His first advent, His second interaction with humanity, His Incarnation. The appearance of Jesus, God made flesh, was not some random event. It had been foretold hundreds of years before, to the prophet Daniel, down to the season of the year. The events of His life, His baptism, and His death, were fulfillments of the prophecy of Daniel 9. There are many other prophecies as well, of course, but that one is the most specific. The risen Jesus opened these truths to the understanding of His companions on the road to Emmaus when He started at "Moses and all the prophets" and opened these things to their understanding (Luke 24:27). Truly, our God is an awesome God!

There are two things that make God worthy of worship and adoration, above all else that may be called "god" or worshipped. First, only the true God can create. And second, only the true God knows the future, the end from the beginning. Genesis 1:1 reveals God as Creator immediately: In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. This is God introducing Himself to His children. God knew we would wonder about our origins. Even small children ask: Where did I come from? So He tells us clearly: I made you. And He tells us, clearly and simply, how He made us. He spoke our world into existence in six literal, 24-hour days. "And the evening and the morning were the (first, second, third, etc.) day. ( Gen. 1:5, etc.) He provided for all our needs. He made all things good. Creation was an act of love - love for us. The other way God reveals His God-ness is through fulfilled prophecy. And one of, if not THE most significant and powerful fulfilled prophecies is that concerning His first advent, His second interaction with humanity, His Incarnation. The appearance of Jesus, God made flesh, was not some random event. It had been foretold hundreds of years before, to the prophet Daniel, down to the season of the year. The events of His life, His baptism, and His death, were fulfillments of the prophecy of Daniel 9. There are many other prophecies as well, of course, but that one is the most specific. The risen Jesus opened these truths to the understanding of His companions on the road to Emmaus when He started at "Moses and all the prophets" and opened these things to their understanding (Luke 24:27). Truly, our God is an awesome God!
If anybody is interested, I will be happy to develop this prophecy and show the dates, demonstrating how Jesus came "in the fulfillment of time." It's breathtaking in my opinion.

This is my personal Jesus story!

Two months ago, I rescued a 6 week old chicken from my grandparents that couldn't walk and was starving. I took him home and he lived on my back deck in a cage. He went through maggots at one point, and I was out feeding him every two hours. On top of not being able to walk he has a cross beak, which meant eating was a learning curve for him. I have no experience in chickens, I'm only 17 years old and my grandparents kept them but I never was interesting in caring for them. But I couldn't let this little guy starve. Eventually he learned to scoot on his side by kicking his legs and could eat if the bowl was next to him and it was wet food. I also named him Flynn. Fast forward to last week (now two months into caring for him) and I started going to a young ladies youth group. I'm super shy and have had bad experiences with other teenagers so I was very hesitant to go. But I met a lot of nice girls and the leaders were very supportive and nice. They learned of my little chicken and reminded me that God sees every sparrow that falls. This really helped my faith, I had been praying for Flynn at first but hadn't seen any real progress so I had stopped. But this last week, Tuesday, at the youth group, one of the leaders offered to pray for him. The next day, I went to the regular youth group for the first time, and the message was about healing, about a boy that was possessed with a demon and Jesus rid him of it. Jesus said "This kind can only be rid by prayer." I started thinking about this and truly prayed for my little Flynn to be healed. Guess what happened? Two days later he walked. I literally sobbed because God truly healed my buddy.
I was getting worried because it is nearing winter and I didn't know how that would work if he couldn't walk, and also I didn't want to put him down. I'm really attached to him, and him to me, (he follows me around and snuggles in my lap). I have anxiety and am on the autism spectrum, and I cannot tell you how much Flynn helps me. If I'm feeling worried, he keeps me company. He helps me get up in the morning because he needs me to feed him. He has helped me so much and I'm so glad God healed him.
He's my miracle!!

This is my personal Jesus story!

Two months ago, I rescued a 6 week old chicken from my grandparents that couldn't walk and was starving. I took him home and he lived on my back deck in a cage. He went through maggots at one point, and I was out feeding him every two hours. On top of not being able to walk he has a cross beak, which meant eating was a learning curve for him. I have no experience in chickens, I'm only 17 years old and my grandparents kept them but I never was interesting in caring for them. But I couldn't let this little guy starve. Eventually he learned to scoot on his side by kicking his legs and could eat if the bowl was next to him and it was wet food. I also named him Flynn. Fast forward to last week (now two months into caring for him) and I started going to a young ladies youth group. I'm super shy and have had bad experiences with other teenagers so I was very hesitant to go. But I met a lot of nice girls and the leaders were very supportive and nice. They learned of my little chicken and reminded me that God sees every sparrow that falls. This really helped my faith, I had been praying for Flynn at first but hadn't seen any real progress so I had stopped. But this last week, Tuesday, at the youth group, one of the leaders offered to pray for him. The next day, I went to the regular youth group for the first time, and the message was about healing, about a boy that was possessed with a demon and Jesus rid him of it. Jesus said "This kind can only be rid by prayer." I started thinking about this and truly prayed for my little Flynn to be healed. Guess what happened? Two days later he walked. I literally sobbed because God truly healed my buddy.
I was getting worried because it is nearing winter and I didn't know how that would work if he couldn't walk, and also I didn't want to put him down. I'm really attached to him, and him to me, (he follows me around and snuggles in my lap). I have anxiety and am on the autism spectrum, and I cannot tell you how much Flynn helps me. If I'm feeling worried, he keeps me company. He helps me get up in the morning because he needs me to feed him. He has helped me so much and I'm so glad God healed him.
He's my miracle!!
Beautiful story! I'm glad that your little one is okay.

Back
Top Bottom