prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Has anyone here ever known about the Jane religion it's the oldest religion in India . The monks would go in a cave and pray . Each day they would eat less until they starved to death . You may ask , why they would do that ? It's like this , they believed so strongly if they could starve them selves to death it wasn't a sin and their soul could move to a higher plane .
It sounds so... counterproductive. I know that some people fast for religious purposes, and I have no issue with that at all, but if one fasts so much that one's body fails and they die, then they would no longer be able to do the works that they are supposed to.
(I don't do any of the intense fastings because of my diabetes, to be honest. I give up a food for Lent and would like to go back to not eating meat on Fridays, but nothing too intense.)

Hey everyone, can you please be in prayer for our loved member @Hei 20 , she had a pet rooster that she hatched this year and had living in her apartment with her until recently. She ended up temporarily (hopefully) rehoming him. She's very sad having lost her buddy and misses him badly. Thank you!
Praying

I am getting worried ! I pray my wife makes it long enough to see my son again . He is on deployment in Korea Coming home in February . I have to give her shots in the stomach every day and her foot swelled up yesterday . I don't know ?
Praying

Appropriate for this forum 68598DEA-327C-4435-B4C3-4F1CBEB8D368.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom