prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Isaiah 43:2 KJV
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for these wonderful promises! ❤

Hi guys, update on Abby,
The membrane that lines the lungs that exchanges co2 with oxygen is not functioning so her blood is becoming saturated with co2 so she's essentially suffocating. There's is nothing to be done.
She needs a miracle or she will most likely pass away tonight.
Please pray for the family, her husband and little ones.

Hi guys, update on Abby,
The membrane that lines the lungs that exchanges co2 with oxygen is not functioning so her blood is becoming saturated with co2 so she's essentially suffocating. There's is nothing to be done.
Heavenly Father, we place Abby in Your loving hands. And we ask peace and comfort for her tonight. Please be very near to her. If she is aware of anything, may she be aware of Your presence and Your love, and not of pain or fear. Please bless and comfort also her family, her husband and children, and all those that love her. Remind them that we have a heavenly hope and there will be a joyful reunion someday soon in the presence of Jesus, our Savior. We thank you for all these blessings in His precious Name, Amen.

Hi guys, update on Abby,

Praying for peace and comfort in Jesus name amen

Is it okay to ask for blessings for ourselves? How about blessings that are not necessarily spiritual? (We were discussing this a few pages back.) The Man (aka DH) found this Scripture text tonight, which seems to indicate that it is very much okay to do so:

Mark 10:51 KJV
And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.

Jesus knew what this man wanted and needed. Why didn't He just walk up to him and heal him? Why did He invite him, encourage him even, to put his need into words? Why did he encourage him to ask?

God knows what we need, too. He provided everything essential to our needs at creation and declared it very good (Gen. 1:31). He was pleased to do so; it made Him happy: The 24-hour day for our circadian rhythms on Day 1, the atmosphere to control the water cycle on Day 2, the separation of seas from dry land and the creation of vegetation on Day 3; the creation of the sun and moon on Day 4 to establish daily and monthly cycles; the creation of animals to inhabit sea and air on Day 5; the creation of land animals and, penultimately, US! - humanity to enjoy and appreciate it all on Day 6. Finally, the celebration of it all together with us on the seventh day as an everlasting memorial to what He had done!

Why did He do this? What does God want? It seems that what God wants is relationship with us, His children. He could have stopped with the creation of animals, but He didn't. He made humanity. He made us in His image. He gave us free will, He made us responsive. Then He asked: "What do you want?" He asked Solomon. Solomon asked for wisdom, and God was pleased. The blind man asked for sight, and God granted it.

As parents, we want our kids to ask. Will you tie my shoe? Of course, Sweetheart. Can I have a peanut butter and banana sandwich? You bet, go wash your hands. Can I have a kitten? Um .... Yes, if you take care of it. Can I borrow the car? Yes, but be home by midnight. We want them to ask because we want an open dialog with them. It builds trust and understanding. Like God, we give good gifts to our children. Like God, we love them enough to die for them. And like God, we want a relationship with them.

God will not withhold any good thing from us. So ask! It pleases Him. And know He always says Yes. Yes, right away. Or Yes, but not now. Or Yes, but in a way you cannot now begin to imagine! 😃

Friends, when I post my somewhat long-winded posts, please know that my intent is to stir up some discussion and dialog. I'm so hungry for interaction bc I have not been to "real" church in almost a year! First, church got shut down, as most did, last March. When it opened, we opted to stay away bc I am high risk. DH then started attending without me. Then we both got sick, he mildly and me much worse. After that I blew out an ankle tendon and am not doing much walking at all....

Well, so much for my miseries. The point is, you guys are my spiritual home right now. I come here hoping to share our love for the Lord, both how He is blessing and what our spiritual needs may be, both for ourselves and for others. But I also want to get to know you, both somewhat personally and spiritually. We don't have to agree on everything, but let's share and compare a little. We're Christians, we love the Lord, we can surely disagree graciously and kindly. Isn't this how we learn? Jesus said, "Go and TEACH." Don't let's be afraid of our differences. "The truth shall set you free." If I'm wrong about something, I'd sure rather find out about it now than after Jesus comes, and miss out on heaven because of it! 😳😱😩
Please share. ❤

Back
Top Bottom