prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

You could call ask around at local rescues and see if any of them do TNRs(Trap, Neuter, Release) they would spay and neuter the adult cats and turn them lose, and find homes for the kittens that are young enough to be tamed.
Sadly, local rescues said they won't do it out of the city limits. This includes the county's humane society. We called the sheriff and he said to "just shoot them" and none of us wanted to do that.

But we could pray for them. I know God cares about it.

Thank you for everyone who prayed for Nika. She passed a few minutes ago. When the vet began surgery they found advanced cancer and there was nothing to be done so we had her put down. She was only 5.
I'm so very sorry. Sometimes they are only ours for a little while but animals live in the moment and I know you gave her the best life you could. I pray your memories bring you comfort.

That's really neat that you could do that. Really sad that they would go to the shelter for that reason. 😢

I've did a rescue back in the late 2000's. There was a feral cat population down the street that I took in when I was a teen. All 40+. It was too expensive to get them all spayed / neutered, so my parents built a huge run (with a house big enough for me to walk into) to house the females, while the males were allowed to roam free. Turns out, one of the neighbors is pretty much breeding them, because the cat population came back. Right now I have four kittens that one of their cats had here (5th litter that I know of, just from this one cat...) and I'm trying to get the mother to come back to bring them to the neighbors because I can't take on any more. It breaks my heart to know that these cats will probably never know love.

That being said, I did take on one of the kittens from a previous litter and made her mine. (Mother abandoned her.) So I suppose I did something. I just hate I can't do the same for them all.
We have always said that as difficult as dog rescue is, those who do cat rescue really have a tough battle because of how many kittens there are. All of that to say that yes, you did make a difference. I'm not sure if you have seen the "starfish story". It's about trying to make a difference against overwhelming odds. The point is that it does matter to the one we are able to save.

We have always said that as difficult as dog rescue is, those who do cat rescue really have a tough battle because of how many kittens there are. All of that to say that yes, you did make a difference. I'm not sure if you have seen the "starfish story". It's about trying to make a difference against overwhelming odds. The point is that it does matter to the one we are able to save.
Oh, so dog rescues don't have to deal with so many babies? I had five pregnant female cats at once. (4, 4, 4, 3, 5 - the number of kittens each had.) We managed to give some away once I got them weaned, but it was insane.

No, I haven't heard the starfish story. Very curious now.

❤️

Back
Top Bottom