prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

You, Cherry? Hard to imagine! You come across as very confident and comfortable around people of all ages!
But yes, I have always been really good around teachers. Not really a teacher's pet, more like a teacher's friend. I LOVED to talk to teachers. Kids in my classes were boring and really had nothing better to do. This was probably just the students in my classes. It is much easier for me to talk to adults or to little children. Somehow, I don't really talk much with kids my age.

But yes! I would be that one kid that stuck around after class to talk to the english teacher about books and book recommendations. I also liked to help grade work in my after-school. That is one thing I miss from being homeschooled!

I had stage fright when I was younger. Then I was asked to give my personal testimony in church, of how I came to be a Christian. I was scared but I agreed to do it. On the day of, I started out by saying something really stupid in my intro and everybody laughed, including me. That relaxed me so I was breathing and I realized, hey, you may be nervous but you don't die! Since then I've been fine with public speaking and actually enjoy it.

What I said was, "you'll have to bear with me, I'm a little nervous. I've never shared my story all in one sitting." Then I looked out over the congregation and heard this come out of my mouth: "Actually, you all are sitting. I'm standing." Everybody cracked up. I felt like a fool for a minute but then I thought, Well, it can't get any worse than that, so I'll just carry on! :lau

I had stage fright when I was younger. Then I was asked to give my personal testimony in church, of how I came to be a Christian. I was scared but I agreed to do it. On the day of, I started out by saying something really stupid in my intro and everybody laughed, including me. That relaxed me so I was breathing and I realized, hey, you may be nervous but you don't die! Since then I've been fine with public speaking and actually enjoy it.

What I said was, "you'll have to bear with me, I'm a little nervous. I've never shared my story all in one sitting." Then I looked out over the congregation and heard this come out of my mouth: "Actually, you all are sitting. I'm standing." Everybody cracked up. I felt like a fool for a minute but then I thought, Well, it can't get any worse than that, so I'll just carry on! :lau
I am also planning on doing a performance of some sort for my church's Christmas show.

Hello everybody! I have not been as active on this thread as I had been.

As some of you may know, I had a pretty nasty encounter with my counselor for school and ended up having to deal with several overdues and uncompleted assignments. It has been a stressful experience, which is definitely new to me. I have not been prioritizing my time spent in the Word, which is a large problem on its own. It used to be a time for me to enjoy His word and there is nothing like it. Anyhow, I want to post this so that this post and anyone who reads it can keep me accountable. Iron sharpens iron, after all.
I'll be praying!

I've been slowly reading through 1 John. Slowly. I realized I don't have to go fast long as I'm in the Word. Hope you can slowly get back into His Word too. 🙂

Even though I am a save Christian, there are times when I feel like a lost sheep myself. This is definitely one of those times. I would love to know that people are praying for me, because I feel like the enemy is trying to distract me and I do not want to be distracted. Thank you all.
I relate to feeling like a lost sheep. I'll be praying for you! ❤️

Sorry I am not faithful to post a Scripture every day, but I liked this one tonight:

Romans 8:38-39 MEV
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities nor powers, neither things present nor things to come, [39] neither height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Back
Top Bottom