Prep Table Recommendations?

I would want to look at that one in person first. From the angle of the picture it doesn't look like there's a lot of actual table room - fine for fish, but I might like a bit more for full sized chickens. I just put a bucket next to my table like NatJ usually.

Wow yeah that sink and "refuse hole" take up alot of space. I would definitely go for counter space over sink size. I also just use a bucket for offal. I have 16 feet of stainless counter space (8 feet per person in the evisceration area) and still don't feel like I have room for a sink in that lol. We do have a hand washing sink though, which is really nice to have, but I wouldn't sacrifice counter space for it.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Since the width is listed at roughly two feet, I think that there's probably around a foot of unoccupied table space for the length of the table on that one side. Not ideal, but workable. If I were to get a table like this, I'd probably make an easy to remove cutting board that fit right on the sink, to expand the workable surface until the sink was needed.

First we cut, then we scald, then pluck, finally gut. We had three huge trash cans. One was for the guts, one was filled with cold water to dunk the bird for a quick rinse, and the final one was full of water, ice, and salt where the birds soaked for four hours. The table was just a plastic fold out table. There were a couple of bowls full of water for rinsing tools, and those were changed out with fresh water a couple of times. Also a knife sharpener was available. I don’t know that I missed having a sink.

Attachments

• 55FC4A77-7390-4667-96CA-4EBBAF126CBD.jpeg
    55FC4A77-7390-4667-96CA-4EBBAF126CBD.jpeg
    528 KB · Views: 8
  • E99E0546-B08C-4B99-AB0A-A2831EE313E1.jpeg
    E99E0546-B08C-4B99-AB0A-A2831EE313E1.jpeg
    717.9 KB · Views: 8
  • C8FB1A93-2444-4665-B554-C573468E7D8F.jpeg
    C8FB1A93-2444-4665-B554-C573468E7D8F.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 3D537A1D-D4DC-4E70-A9DD-7ACEADA51435.jpeg
    3D537A1D-D4DC-4E70-A9DD-7ACEADA51435.jpeg
    868.2 KB · Views: 9
First we cut, then we scald, then pluck, finally gut. We had three huge trash cans. One was for the guts, one was filled with cold water to dunk the bird for a quick rinse, and the final one was full of water, ice, and salt where the birds soaked for four hours. The table was just a plastic fold out table. There were a couple of bowls full of water for rinsing tools, and those were changed out with fresh water a couple of times. Also a knife sharpener was available. I don’t know that I missed having a sink.
I just thought having a garbage chute in the work area was a neat idea. I tend to miss the garbage when it's next to the table. Sink wouldn't be very practical for me. I live on dirt so, unless I plumbed the sink into to the septic system, the water would just make for mud under the table.

I just thought having a garbage chute in the work area was a neat idea. I tend to miss the garbage when it's next to the table. Sink wouldn't be very practical for me. I live on dirt so, unless I plumbed the sink into to the septic system, the water would just make for mud under the table.
It’s not going to be fun processing birds without running water.

I've used a folding table with a plastic top, and a bucket beside it to drop stuff into.
The plastic is not too difficult to wash, even though it has a little bit of texture.
And it doesn't cost a fortune to buy, either.
I'm less concerned about the material. Plastic would work for me, I'm sure, as long as it's sturdy. I tried a plastic folding table from Wallie-World and it just didn't work. What got me on the video I was watching was the hole. It seemed like it made dropping the stuff a little more reliable. I end up have to play 52-feather pickup when I use the bucket-to-the-side method.

We process almost 200 every eight weeks. We use a plastic table, rinse when dirty, and a utility sink that we hook up with a water hose and a canopy to cover when the sun is shining. We do raise the table with two saw horses so it doesn’t strain any of our backs. Hope that helps.

That’s why the garbage is next to the table so you can sweep everything into the garbage. I’m not really sure how that is any different than a hole in the table that you’d sweep the trash into. Also no one that I know of plumbs their outdoor sink drain. It kind of defeats the purpose of a mobile sink. You either attach a drain hose to drain it outside of your yard or catch it all in a bucket. However I didn’t suggest using a sink. I only said that I didn’t miss having one, as in I functioned fine with just the table. I feel like you’re making a mountain out of a molehill.

Prep tables, explicitly sandwich prep tables, offer stockpiling and prep space for fixings that should be cut, cut, or in any case prepared before use. Administrators can utilize these units for menu things other than sandwiches, like burger fixings, pizza, salad, and pan fried food dishes.

Back
Top Bottom