Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

She's not supposed to swim while wrapped, right?
The only problem that could come from swimming is one, getting the bandage wet making it where they can get it off, or if you had a lot of vet wrap or something that would get heavy and weigh them down where they couldn't get out of the water. Just use your judgment on that depending on what kind of swimming situation you have set up for them.

If wings are hanging a little bit low, do you usually wrap them? My largest Aztec has low hanging wings. I thought this was a matter of him needing to build muscle to carry them properly. I hope I haven't ruined his chances of holding his wing properly. Another one of them looks to have possible scoliosis, if that's even a thing for ducks. His tail is crooked (wry tail) and his body is almost one sided. I'm almost positive that he was my last to hatch and was extremely malpositioned. I believe they may be too old to do anything for. I feel terrible for that but I didn't realize it was anything but an issue that would resolve on its own

Thank you!! I love her dearly. 🥰
View attachment 2779868

I have the perfect mate for her. :love
97ADB7ED-A0D4-44CC-9E99-2CF9859424AE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom