Public Education

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Quote:
This all begs the question of how can you be a teacher in the public system (Are you licensed? If so, for what?) and find time to homeschool your son.

There are quite a few people who hold down full time jobs and are still able to homeschool. I know a lady who is a single mom, commercial airline pilot and in the Reserves but still homeschools. She just has to come up with creative ways of managing her time and luckily she has someone who can be with her son when she is gone.

Quote:
Quote:
This all begs the question of how can you be a teacher in the public system (Are you licensed? If so, for what?) and find time to homeschool your son.

I earned my teaching cert back in 1995. I am certified 4-12 History and Social Studies. I have taught LA, ESL, Reading, Remedial Math and Geography as well. I have my MA in Ed Leadership and could work as school administration (principal/assist. principal) if I chose which I do not.

And I am not teaching this year. I refuse. The system pisses me off too much.

Last edited:
No where in the United States Constitution does it allow for government intervention in states schooling. Public schools today are indoctrination camps. 'nuff said.
somad.gif

I tend to disagree with 3/4 ths of this public education bashing, I deleted what I had to say too Writer of Words. It sure felt good while I was typing it though!!
wink.png

I thought this site was about raising Poultry?

I don't think this site would be nearly as active if we were restricted completely to poultry topics. I appreciate the poultry aspect certainly, but I also appreciate the opportunity to have conversations with people about other topics as well. Disagreements happen but as long as they are civil, I don't see why that is bad.

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:

I earned my teaching cert back in 1995. I am certified 4-12 History and Social Studies. I have taught LA, ESL, Reading, Remedial Math and Geography as well. I have my MA in Ed Leadership and could work as school administration (principal/assist. principal) if I chose which I do not.

And I am not teaching this year. I refuse. The system pisses me off too much.

Thanks for the reply. I can understand your attitude about the public shool system and what it's become in the last few decades. I retired ten years ago. I saw nothing wrong with 95% of the teachers and their teaching; it was the totally incompetent, spineless downtown "administration" who were nothing more than PR people that sickened me, e.g., we had one superintendent who made eleven women teachers principals because they slept with him. He later became supt. in a Florida system and was killed by a jealous husband of a teacher. Some of the later "administrators/superintendents" were just as worthless.

Last edited:
I recently heard Meg Whitman speak - she is the former ebay CEO who is running for governor of California. She has more money than God and doesn't need the job but is running partly because of her concern over the public education system. She noted that in the '50's - '60's, CA public schools were #1 in the country and now they are near the bottom.

She mentioned that the state of FL has turned around the decline in their public schools by "grading" the schools based upon merit and encouraging charter school formation so the parents of the low-graded schools have a choice. In other words: competition. Apparently the FL schools have improved at least ten positions in as many years.

If you want to improve education - public or private - the best thing to do is VOLUNTEER. Kids are the best investment we have in our future.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom