Purple swollen wattle

Is he still behaving normally? Any sign of balance issues? Any lethargy?

Do you have snakes? All snakes, venomous or not, will bite and the bites are all highly capable of becoming infected. A cute little garter snake can bite a curious rooster who is bending over it to ponder whether or not it might be good to eat.

Since this is spreading, I would put him on an oral antibiotic. He might not be thrilled with the idea, but hot compresses would also be a good way to reduce and/or reverse infection.

Is he still behaving normally? Any sign of balance issues? Any lethargy?

Do you have snakes? All snakes, venomous or not, will bite and the bites are all highly capable of becoming infected. A cute little garter snake can bite a curious rooster who is bending over it to ponder whether or not it might be good to eat.

Since this is spreading, I would put him on an oral antibiotic. He might not be thrilled with the idea, but hot compresses would also be a good way to reduce and/or reverse infection.
No limping, no lethargic ness, can’t eat much since his wattle run to wherever I put the food but loves eating bread of my hand, no snakes haven’t seen none. Only antibiotic I got is Tylan 50. When I take him out he walks like normal runs to the girls coop, unlike one of my hens who was suffering with worms she was lethargic sleeping a lot not running much. She’s back to a hundred tho

Sorry that the wattle is getting worse and looking necrotic at the bottom. Is there some mark on the bottom, that might be a snakebite or sting?
Here is how the wattle looked the first day. Is it fatal? His other wattle is normal.

Attachments

• AF4BE0A2-3554-4B66-8B72-98236B272FCE.jpeg
    AF4BE0A2-3554-4B66-8B72-98236B272FCE.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 3
  • 973B7917-5AA3-4D51-ACBF-30952D324423.jpeg
    973B7917-5AA3-4D51-ACBF-30952D324423.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 102C122E-AA6D-4629-8E61-4E34529A774D.jpeg
    102C122E-AA6D-4629-8E61-4E34529A774D.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 00409400-1A36-46D9-918F-E27695A59784.jpeg
    00409400-1A36-46D9-918F-E27695A59784.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 3
Should I something about his wattle?
Sorry, I just saw this. It looks just like my rooster's did. I don't know if George's wattles smelled bad, we didn't get close to him to find out. Would not surprise me if it did. As the tissue dies, or becomes necrotic I imagine it would probably smell. We did not do anything for George. His behavior did not change. He ate, drank and pooped normally except as I said we had to feed him out of a flat dish. He ate plenty. Nature takes care of things, or at least it took care of this. His wattles really swelled up before they shrank down. He's completely fine now except his wattles are about half as big as they were before they froze.

Sorry, I just saw this. It looks just like my rooster's did. I don't know if George's wattles smelled bad, we didn't get close to him to find out. Would not surprise me if it did. As the tissue dies, or becomes necrotic I imagine it would probably smell. We did not do anything for George. His behavior did not change. He ate, drank and pooped normally except as I said we had to feed him out of a flat dish. He ate plenty. Nature takes care of things, or at least it took care of this. His wattles really swelled up before they shrank down. He's completely fine now except his wattles are about half as big as they were before they froze.
Was it both or one? Will it hurt him when it falls off, was it just as bad as his

No, I don't think he will die from it. Especially since he does not act sick. We just left George alone and in about two weeks he was okay.

Back
Top Bottom