Nels

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2020
I have 4 baby Indian runners. I have 7 week chicks but they’re growing fast. By the end of October they’ll be about 12 weeks. At that time I have 2 chocolate Indian Runners- Katie and Mathilde who will be ready to go out. Anyone have experience to know whether chickens would be nice to ducks of that age, at that age? I find my adult ducks fuss at the chickens they once grew up with now. But maybe chickens aren’t as mean. Oh the joys of flock psychology!

Attachments

• F7D2357E-4A0F-408F-B3DE-FA3EB819BFF7.jpeg
    F7D2357E-4A0F-408F-B3DE-FA3EB819BFF7.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 8
I have 4 baby Indian runners. I have 7 week chicks but they’re growing fast. By the end of October they’ll be about 12 weeks. At that time I have 2 chocolate Indian Runners- Katie and Mathilde who will be ready to go out. Anyone have experience to know whether chickens would be nice to ducks of that age, at that age? I find my adult ducks fuss at the chickens they once grew up with now. But maybe chickens aren’t as mean. Oh the joys of flock psychology!

all of them are young so when you let them out spend some time with them and watch them. they will learn to share the run. the only problem is that there will be no clean water for chickens.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

I would definitely keep them separate. Chickens require different food, roosting arrangements, older chickens could hurt young ducks, ducks need a ton of water, chickens require dry spaces. Give the ducks a space of their own.

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom