bridgetamelia98

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2021
This morning I went out to check on my button quail and all but 1 were dead, they are housed with a chicken and a rooster and a larger coturnix quail and have never had any problems until this morning where there was a pile of them in their little wooden house on the bottom floor I don’t know if a rat got in or what but I found it weird that all of them had their necks ripped open and they were all in the shelter, has anyone had a similar experience?

The original chicken was a rescue and she’s grown up with them from when they were all chicks (5 months ago). What we think is to be a cockerel has been in there for about a month now and has shown no signs of aggression towards the quails here is a picture of the button quails next to the wire

Attachments

• 7AAE4874-DCD1-419F-B4FF-4A3DD9D3CD8E.png
    7AAE4874-DCD1-419F-B4FF-4A3DD9D3CD8E.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
The original chicken was a rescue and she’s grown up with them from when they were all chicks (5 months ago). What we think is to be a cockerel has been in there for about a month now and has shown no signs of aggression towards the quails here is a picture of the button quails next to the wire
I can only fit the tip of my little finger through the gaps

Back
Top Bottom