Quail Incubation and Apartment Farming

krizrose

Songster
Apr 11, 2018
NE Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
Just wanted to take a minute and say I LOVE chickens and can hardly wait to get some again, but I'm currently incubating quail. :fl

Soooooo they're from the local Asian Market. I know I don't know everything about their heritage that way, but I'm SUPER STOKED to see who hatches!!! Please know, I do realize I might not get any, but I'm always a Pollyanna and will only see silver linings: i.e., if none hatch, this is a great test run for my new incubator, as well as a cool science experiment for my family! :thumbsup

Anywho, just touching base for now. Hoping to add hatching pix ::excited squeal:: around the 21st of this month!!!

Attachments

• 20220506_133414.jpg
    20220506_133414.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 14
Just wanted to take a minute and say I LOVE chickens and can hardly wait to get some again, but I'm currently incubating quail. :fl

Soooooo they're from the local Asian Market. I know I don't know everything about their heritage that way, but I'm SUPER STOKED to see who hatches!!! Please know, I do realize I might not get any, but I'm always a Pollyanna and will only see silver linings: i.e., if none hatch, this is a great test run for my new incubator, as well as a cool science experiment for my family! :thumbsup

Anywho, just touching base for now. Hoping to add hatching pix ::excited squeal:: around the 21st of this month!!!
Did you buy these as hatching eggs or eating eggs?

The few times that I bought eating eggs at my grocery store none developed.

Did you buy these as hatching eggs or eating eggs?

The few times that I bought eating eggs at my grocery store none developed.
Well, we bought the only ones they had, which were intended for eating. I candled everybody before placing them and culled the cracked ones. There were fertilization bullseyes in some of those, so I know some were fertilized, though not how long ago. We candled one already (too early to be sure, I know) and it was developing more definition, including a well-defined air sac and a darkened area. I know this could indicate a few things at this stage, not just embryonic growth, but we shall see. :D We wanted to use a local farm, but they had just closed all sales because of health issues. We have another farm lead if we have no hatchlings this time around. :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom