Quail Water

rosco

Songster
10 Years
Nov 24, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Here is the quail breeder pens i came up with. all scrap excepting the wire (my gosh that is expensive stuff!).

44938_img_1482.jpg

i saw some large bottle waterers. will those work? seems a lot like the nipple waterers.

i'm also thinking to lift the food to neck level. could i stick a square 2"x4" under the food bowls (made for quail. closed top with holes for their heads to stick in).

i get two "Yes's," then i'm ready to rock-n-roll.

Sweet! Thanks.

i can't find fittings for the cup waterers. the silicone i used to seal a jury-rigged fitting leaked from time to time.

Quote:
You can find fitting real cheap at BASS Equipment.I have cup waterers from Cutler pheasants supply in all of my above ground cages except the quail pens.Those have the chick bowls waterers.And the rabbits have the nipples.Bell waterers going into the individual coops....Automatic systems for me is the way to go.Too much water bottle maintenance for me...lol...I may just have bad luck with bottles too with them leaking and all.I've gone through a LOT of bottles...before putting in the auto.

I use the rodent water bottle with balls. I do not recommend the bottles that have spring loaded balls on the end cause the birds aren't always strogn enough to move those but the ones with two balls work great!

Quote:
Thanks All Yall!

i just bought the water bottles. wonder if i can find more steel balls the right size and wonder if i can get them in there. i don't want to "86" the water bottles as they cost a total of like $25.

one question - they will figure out how to use them on their own, right? i've been squeezing the bottles to get water to come out so they can see water coming from them.

Back
Top Bottom