Solved Question about a mark next to people’s name when posting.....

April’s Zoo

Songster
May 31, 2018
Puget Sound area
Why do some people have a green triangle next to their name on forum posts?

I thought it might have to do with number of posts, but there are people with a lot of posts who have the mark, and some with fewer who do not....

So I just wondered what it means?
Thanks. 1AA6F22B-E988-4E16-94D5-8E6724572F05.jpeg

1AA6F22B-E988-4E16-94D5-8E6724572F05.jpeg

Yeah, it just means that you're online. You're online status is shown by default, but you can hide it by either unchecking the box in the privacy settings like @casportpony mentioned, or by unchecking the "Show online status" box in the account dropdown.
account dropdown.PNG

Ya know, it’s funny.... I noticed after casportpony mentioned it above, that the check box in my account drop down was already unchecked. Yet it seems that my online status is still showing up, because I’ve got a green triangle there next to my name..... of course, I *am* online while I’m viewing my posts, so.....
anyway, it doesn’t really matter, I just wanted to find out what it meant, so I wouldn’t have to keep wondering about it every time I saw it.... yeah, I know — my OCD is peeking out again. :p

Ya know, it’s funny.... I noticed after casportpony mentioned it above, that the check box in my account drop down was already unchecked. Yet it seems that my online status is still showing up, because I’ve got a green triangle there next to my name..... of course, I *am* online while I’m viewing my posts, so.....
anyway, it doesn’t really matter, I just wanted to find out what it meant, so I wouldn’t have to keep wondering about it every time I saw it.... yeah, I know — my OCD is peeking out again. :p
You can see your own online status if you have it hidden, but other members can't. If you look at members online now, your username will be displayed in gray, meaning your online status is hidden.

Back
Top Bottom