Questions on Framing

Looks like I deleted Autocad, too - had a student copy from when my daughter was in school (I had the best graphics cards). ;)

and can't get the SketchUp App to run over the internet. I'll find something.

But how did you keep it as a student????? I tried it with maya and the stupid registration key is what made it all go away

Problem with those is scale, can't really draw 'true' size and shape'.

I've done extensive work with both raster programs(PS and a couple others) as well as vector programs(2d cadd) and parametric programs(solid modeling cadd).

actually with procrate they are trying to compete with PS, they now have a drawing grid so i can make it just like i was drawing on a graph pad. but a heck of a lot easier to remove the grid as needed.

I have seen a bunch of those, which is about how i got where i am now :/ but i didnt realise what some of it was. thought thats one of the better ive seen.

But how did you keep it as a student????? I tried it with maya and the stupid registration key is what made it all go away

with a file named
"Autocad 3ds Serial number" ;) If I ever reinstall it, it should work just fine, unless they changed keys again. Anyhow, going to try and download a fresh copy of sketchup with the cell phone connection overnight, work on it tomorrow while it rains.

with a file named
"Autocad 3ds Serial number" ;) If I ever reinstall it, it should work just fine, unless they changed keys again. Anyhow, going to try and download a fresh copy of sketchup with the cell phone connection overnight, work on it tomorrow while it rains.

omg. i havent been able to find anything like that. i dont think they give it out anymore or maybe its somewhere i need to look >.< meany

Oh, the vagaries of student software!
PITA! But so cool to have it at home during my schooling.
But I learned that files made on student version won't open in the real versions,
had to redo a big project because of that once.

Assuming I can get it to run, I'll send you the files when I finish mocking this up. Its going to be 2-3 hours, just to download the installer for me. No idea how long the package itself will take. In the mean time, I can think about what I'm going to draw, and how best to frame it with off the shelf lumber - though you will still be doing some cutting.

How handy are you, and what tools do you have to work with - or are you planning on subbing the build out to a handyman? Also, what are you planning for cladding? Painted exterior plywood? Hardieboard? vinyl siding? something else?

Back
Top Bottom