Status
Not open for further replies.
They are doing just what mine love to do, staring at what's on the OTHER side of the fence. I've got at least one that's not afraid to use her wings to go on adventures.
DSCN1860.JPG Its Their protector Max- He was on the otherside

DSCN0422.JPG He Loves the chickens, but one of the Buff Orphington chickens pecked him on the head 2 years ago,,, and now,,, he kind of acts afraid of them, like "No dont make me kiss them they bite" but he goes in the coop and walks around,

I find my leghorns are very curious and for that reason are the easiest to train. I don't find them flighty at all but very friendly.

Yes, I think they are more aware of danger than the other 3 breeds I have had. They are independent minded like a Rottweiler, you tell the dog come and he waits and looks at you like he is asking ?Why?

That is a beautiful fellow.

I may have to get rid of him. I'm doing everything I can to keep him. I originally bought 4 girls-first time chicken owner and surprise 2 out of 4 were boys. They physically got into when I first put them in their new area. Challenging each other for a few days. Then nothing until today when I brought out the 4-8 week old girls. They were not even in the enclosure and it was enough for the two boys. So I sat in the enclosure with a metal bar in one hand and a hose in the other hand to separate them if needed. Let's just say I have some soaking wet boys. Both are good boys, the only reason he would be the one to go at this point is because he is bad with the girls and they can't get away from him because he is so quick and agile. The other boy is bigger and can't get to the girls when they are up high.

I may have to get rid of him. I'm doing everything I can to keep him. I originally bought 4 girls-first time chicken owner and surprise 2 out of 4 were boys. They physically got into when I first put them in their new area. Challenging each other for a few days. Then nothing until today when I brought out the 4-8 week old girls. They were not even in the enclosure and it was enough for the two boys. So I sat in the enclosure with a metal bar in one hand and a hose in the other hand to separate them if needed. Let's just say I have some soaking wet boys. Both are good boys, the only reason he would be the one to go at this point is because he is bad with the girls and they can't get away from him because he is so quick and agile. The other boy is bigger and can't get to the girls when they are up high.
Ya, and that is why I dont have Roosters any more. I LOVED my Buff Orphington Rooster but the hens couldnt take it--- So, no more Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom