Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a full day loving on 4 of my grandchildren. It was a great day--- grandma is a bit slow this morning.
10505386_747344905307421_5058977341222401892_n.jpg

DSCN1921.JPG
I had lowered the roost so the chicks would sleep on it,, and they did. So Yesterday morning when I went out to let them out I raised the roost back up, and put a regular light bulb in the lamp. So at 8:15pm I went out turned the light on, closed the windows and told the chicks "Lets go to bed girls" I herded them in and hahahaha up the went. They jumped up (where the orange bucket is- I removed the nesting boxes) then they jumped up to the roost. They are big girls now. When I went out at 6am to open the door this morning they were all on the roost, just as happy as could be. The next training is, now they can sleep on the roost up high, I can leave the door open and they will go up on their own when they are ready.

View attachment 1444788 I had lowered the roost so the chicks would sleep on it,, and they did. So Yesterday morning when I went out to let them out I raised the roost back up, and put a regular light bulb in the lamp. So at 8:15pm I went out turned the light on, closed the windows and told the chicks "Lets go to bed girls" I herded them in and hahahaha up the went. They jumped up (where the orange bucket is- I removed the nesting boxes) then they jumped up to the roost. They are big girls now. When I went out at 6am to open the door this morning they were all on the roost, just as happy as could be. The next training is, now they can sleep on the roost up high, I can leave the door open and they will go up on their own when they are ready.

That is great. Congratulations!

Well at 8pm I closed all the coop windows ( it keeps the wind off the chicks) and pulled the door just 1/2, so they could get in and out. I went up to bed at 9:15om and they were just starting to wonder into the coop. I assume they got up on the roost I didnt go look, and now it is 5:15am and I dont see them out yet. We have cool nights, it is 50 now out on the porch, I think they are feathered enough to keep each other warm. I will go out after my #1coffee 0229161604-00.jpg
109757.jpg

I do now believe the Leghorn's are smarter than the other 3 breeds I have had. At 4 weeks they are coming when I call them, SO CUTE!!!! they meet me at the run gate Sweeeeeeeeet. This morning, ( I have a small log round I sit on in the run) at 6:15 I went out to open the coop door ( I closed it at 10pm #1 it was 49 out &#2 the coyotes were howling and I thought they would feel more secure with the door shut even though they live in Fort Nox Hehehe) anyway,, I sat a minute to say good morning,, they all gathered around my feet and then a great big pacific northwest black raven Raven.jpg
had to say good morning, poor chickens,, 3 of them jumped up on my lap the rest ran in the coop. I know they will get use to the ravens but the reaction was much smarter than the others. This is an older photo of an old chicken on my stump-- 0803160651-00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom