Raising our 1st set of CX meaties

Oh no, I definitely won't be! I'm pregnant, have a bad cold, a 5 year old with gastro and a 2 year old with gastro and a cold. We have been camped out in bed all day today and will be right here tomorrow, lol. I'm only up now because apparently all the stores close down during a curfew, and my partner was starving and drove by the house to get food.
God Bless.....

Yes, I surely did. That same sale is on now. Hurry up and go get you some. I'm stocking up. Will probably get more this week.
I will have to get by there when I go out on Thursday.....I don't get out much except to go to my feed store, the grocery, and the pharmacy. I live such an exciting life....
lau.gif

Last edited:
Yes, I surely did. That same sale is on now. Hurry up and go get you some. I'm stocking up. Will probably get more this week.

I will have to get by there when I go out on Thursday.....I don't get out much except to go to my feed store, the grocery, and the pharmacy.  I live such an exciting life....:lau

I LOVE that kind of life!!! VERY relaxing. :thumbsup

Yes sorry, been slammed lately with work after our snow days off (all the birds came inside the rabbitry during our freeze last week!)

We processed 14, they are gone except 2 we put in the freezer for us last night and 1 I am cooking right now! Dang nab it I'm nervous to taste my own chicken. We worked very hard to get to this point lol better be the best dang chicken I have ever had! Unfortunately *I* am the one cooking it and we aren't even gonna talk about my burnt bridges with biscuits and cookies :/ BUT I smothered it in sea salt, pepper, Tonya and olive oil and am roasting it with Cilantro from our herb garden and sliced sustuma orange from our tree. I dig up the last of the red potatoes and tossed those in salted with olive oil at 300 degrees. It's been in an hour now and looks and smells divine, but still cooking lol so until I taste a fully free ranged, organic chicken I grew, butchered and cooked myself I don't wanna get too excited. :) I am tho hehehe
Before I put it in the oven...

I stuffed herb and orange inside...and am waiting :)

Yes sorry, been slammed lately with work after our snow days off (all the birds came inside the rabbitry during our freeze last week!)

We processed 14, they are gone except 2 we put in the freezer for us last night and 1 I am cooking right now! Dang nab it I'm nervous to taste my own chicken. We worked very hard to get to this point lol better be the best dang chicken I have ever had! Unfortunately *I* am the one cooking it and we aren't even gonna talk about my burnt bridges with biscuits and cookies :/ my hubby is the chef BUT I smothered it in sea salt, pepper, tonys and olive oil and am roasting it with Cilantro from our herb garden and sliced sustuma orange from our tree. I dug up the last of the red potatoes and tossed those in salted with olive oil at 300 degrees. It's been in an hour now and looks and smells divine, but still cooking lol so until I taste a fully free ranged, organic chicken I grew, butchered and cooked myself I don't wanna get too excited. :) I am tho hehehe
Before I put it in the oven...

I stuffed herb and orange inside...and am waiting :)

Still waiting but almost done :) yummy

Done...and so delicious :bun

Last edited:
Biscuits and cookies have a trick...use a thick non dark pan and cover with wax paper. Keeps the bottoms from burning and you don't have to scrape anything off the pan. Run a butter knife flat under them if they get stuck to the parchment paper for a clean release. That chicken looks yummy!

Thanks! That's great info I shall utilize shortly lol
Biscuits and cookies have a trick...use a thick non dark pan and cover with wax paper. Keeps the bottoms from burning and you don't have to scrape anything off the pan. Run a butter knife flat under them if they get stuck to the parchment paper for a clean release. That chicken looks yummy!
We have 26 left still growing, 4 of those going live to someone and the rest to be processed as soon as the weather lets up with rain :)

Back
Top Bottom