*Ranting* Stop picking on my dog!!!!!

In response to the original poster, If you want to get a therapy dpg certification on your dog, you can.. if he has solid obedience training and a truly sweet demeanor.

I trained a pittie specifically to earn her TDI and she passed with flying colors. The tester's dog was a total jerk and was showing dominance to every dog tested that day. Go figure.

Having his TDI will also be a nice statement of his stability. You usually earn a CGC (Canine Good Citzen) the same day. The CGC is now considered a title.

Go here for info:
http://www.tdi-dog.org/

Megan Amber, the way I see it, it's my job as a dog owner to protect my dog from the public. :) Of course, the public probably thinks I'm protecting them from the vicious dog.....

GSDs, rotties, dobes, all have had their day as the "dangerous breed" of thugs and wanna-bes. Pit bills are already losing their attraction for the losers and they are moving on to mastiffs, presa canario and other larger breeds. So many of the "pit bulls" I see aren't pits anyway. A pit bull terrier is actually a small dog, 40 lbs or so. Instead, people are buying mastiff, boxer, bulldog, mixes and don't realize what they have.

True! Well I don't see a pit in my future but I know one and I like her. I'm more of a border collie kinda gal! No anything about those?

Ah yes the killer doggy tail, its the most lethal part about him. and yes Im actually going through petsmart to get his general training done, and his cgc tests. the petsmart I use to work at has some amazing trainers at it. and I like the group work because its added destractions for him. so we should be all set soon. they also do cgc testing for like 10 bucks or somthing.

Canine Good Citizenship; its just a general your dog is a good member of society certificate you have to do a test to get

Back
Top Bottom