Recommended Books

AthenaWins

In the Brooder
May 27, 2017
What books would you recommend on duck raising? I'd like it to include information on behavior. I'm realizing how conflicting all the information is online, and it's kind of frustrating. I've found one book called Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks. Before I spend the money though, I'd like to know it's worth it. Thanks in advance!

i got storeys guide to raising ducks before i got in to raising them, its definitely one of the better storeys guides i have read (turkeys and rabbits are just about profit) i did how ever like the guide on breeds, i was dead set on raising pekins for eggs but after reading it i decided to raise heritage breeds, (at the moment Swedish). i would recommend it, its not a bad read at all.

i got storeys guide to raising ducks before i got in to raising them, its definitely one of the better storeys guides i have read (turkeys and rabbits are just about profit) i did how ever like the guide on breeds, i was dead set on raising pekins for eggs but after reading it i decided to raise heritage breeds, (at the moment Swedish). i would recommend it, its not a bad read at all.

I would DEFINETELY recommend 'Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks'- it's a great book packed with loads of detailed info.
Me three! A must read.... :p

I used Storey's Guide, and BYC for the first few years. I have added The Ultimate Pet Duck Guidebook to my library. It is pricier, but geared toward pet ducks, and has a detailed medical chapter. Full disclosure: I support the rescue organization that benefits from the sale of the book. I do not receive anything from them.

Back
Top Bottom