Red poop

How are the chicks acting today? Are they still eating and drinking and acting normally? Any who appear sluggish or sleepy, try to di beaks into the water to get them drinking.

Unfortunately some people who sell chicks mix multiple aged chicks together, and may not change out their bedding between groups or feed them properly. They also do not give the best advice. I watched someone buy some baby chicks at a home and garden show, and the person was not told the baby chicks would need a heat lamp or heat source? I took them aside and told them to get one.

It helps to do some research on basic chick care, common diseases, what feed is best for what age, and brooder or coop size needs. We are all on here to share info because we were new to chicks at some point. A good chicken book may be helpful, and reading as much as you can here on the forums may be helpful. These are some below worth reading, and there are others. Some may be available for Kindle inexpensively, or used on Amazon.
upload_2019-1-17_12-15-16.jpeg

upload_2019-1-17_12-16-47.jpeg

upload_2019-1-17_12-17-28.jpeg

I am so sorry I have not responded in a while hope you all aren’t worrying
We got grower feed
We got corid treatments already done
We have chick grit and a good cardboard box
And are giving water with probiotics

The slightly older chick named Tommi died the day we needed Corid
Tink the chick we have now is doing great she is exploring and trying to take dust bathes in her shavings

Here is how she’s doing
image.jpg
and we rescued another chicken who is also a duccle on accident a few days ago
That we named Millie
image.jpg
we’ll tink is doing great thank you everyone for your amazing advice
You have helped tink so much

I am so sorry I have not responded in a while hope you all aren’t worrying
We got grower feed
We got corid treatments already done
We have chick grit and a good cardboard box
And are giving water with probiotics

The slightly older chick named Tommi died the day we needed Corid
Tink the chick we have now is doing great she is exploring and trying to take dust bathes in her shavings

Here is how she’s doingView attachment 1658507and we rescued another chicken who is also a duccle on accident a few days ago
That we named Millie View attachment 1658510we’ll tink is doing great thank you everyone for your amazing advice
You have helped tink so much
I'm sorry to hear you lost Tommi:hugs

Tink is very cute! I'm glad to hear she is doing great!
Do you have her inside? You can give her a shallow tub of loose dirt to take a real dust bath if you are so inclined, but dirt+wallowing chick=DUST! LOL

Millie looks like a sweetie! I hope she does well and fits right in.
Thank you for the update.

I'm sorry to hear you lost Tommi:hugs

Tink is very cute! I'm glad to hear she is doing great!
Do you have her inside? You can give her a shallow tub of loose dirt to take a real dust bath if you are so inclined, but dirt+wallowing chick=DUST! LOL

Millie looks like a sweetie! I hope she does well and fits right in.
Thank you for the update.

She is inside and providing a dust bathing tub would be great I will do a that

Millie is not fitting in well she’s terrified doesn’t move eat or drink and not much sleeping any way I could help her out would be good
We keep her in the coop during the day with the other ladies outside the coop so they can meet

She is inside and providing a dust bathing tub would be great I will do a that

Millie is not fitting in well she’s terrified doesn’t move eat or drink and not much sleeping any way I could help her out would be good
We keep her in the coop during the day with the other ladies outside the coop so they can meet
I'm sorry integration for Millie is not going well. Introducing a single bird could be tricky.
Here's a good article by @azygous that gives some great tips. Hope that helps.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/introducing-a-single-hen-to-an-existing-flock.71997/

Back
Top Bottom